Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HStouch on android tablet instead of phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HStouch on android tablet instead of phone?

Has anyone got HStouch working on a small android tablet instead of a phone? I'm considering that instead of a remote.

Originally posted by zapper View Post
    Has anyone got HStouch working on a small android tablet instead of a phone? I'm considering that instead of a remote.
    I have iOS devices -iPhone, iPad. Also a pair of Ellipsis 7 Android tablets and a Razr M phone. All the devices work well with the default projects. I think the Android tablets offer the fastest response and generally seem *slightly* better than the iOS devices. I also like that the Android client allows you to log out where the iOS devices don't. Between the Android phone and tablet, they are both the same. Obviously the tablet is easier to read and operate because it is larger. The Ellipsis 7 is mid-sized, around 7" and inexpensive on eBay.
    Last edited by randy; December 4, 2014, 07:25 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by zapper View Post
      I have it on a galaxy tab tablet and it works great. I even can see my cameras on my tablet version, can't on my phone.

Comment

I had it on a first gen Nexus 7, it worked fine on there. I'd go so far to say it was probably more popular on a tablet than a phone from just what I have picked up here.

Comment

Comment

Yep, I use it on Kindle Fires, Motorola Xooms, HP Touchpad (Cyanogenmod), Samsung tablets, even an old Cruz eReader before it finally died.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies! Looks like many tablets work, and a good way to go.

For security/privacy, I'm considering using a separate router, NOT connected to the internet, with the Zee and tablets attached wirelessly. For updates, etc, I can temporarily connect to the net. Anybody see a problem with that, or have alternative suggestions?

Comment

I have 2 of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 devices, these work great with HSTouch and can be found fairly reasonable. I also picked up a Nextbook on sale for $70 at our local Walmart. While it is a little slow, the screen is bigger than the Tab 3 devices and it works well with HSTouch.
                Billy

Comment

Working...
                X