Raspberry Pi B+ & Homeseer Pi X-10 (CM11a) not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi B+ & Homeseer Pi X-10 (CM11a) not working

The z-stick works fine. CM11a works on a Wintel box. Have tried the post here on running multiple protocols. CM11a appears to be fine, but nothing happens when I try to turn a device on/off.

Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Barry
    Last edited by lhfarm; January 1, 2015, 05:52 PM.

@Barry,

SSH to the RPi and do this and copy and print what you see here:

This is with nothing plugged in:

root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Sometimes its plug and play and other times its not. Remove the USB plug; wait a few seconds then plug it back in.

Did a hot plug of the Aeon Z-Wave stick and CM11A via a USB to Serial adapter and see this:

root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light - AEON Z-Wave Stick
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    - CM11A

First com port I tested was /dev/ttyUSB0 and got a **FATAL**;

Second one I tested was /dev/ttyUSB1 and got an OK.

I went to Plugins / X10 Configuration / setting it to CM11A Compatible.

I created one device A1 which is connected to an old X10 Chime.

I see the capi on and off stuff; no chime.

Shut down and restarted the Zee.

Its easier to guess on the port its using than climb into the rabbit hole and look for it.
    Last edited by Pete; December 31, 2014, 06:37 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Happy New Year Pete!

Here is the listing with both the Z-stick and the CM11a plugged in to the B+

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
      Bus 001 Device 004: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
      Bus 001 Device 005: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

I can get the assignment OK, and I see the commands in the log, but it doesn't seem to be communicating with the CM11a. I'm curious as to why there is no X-10 configuration tab for a new device.

I got a second Pi that I'm using to learn some Linux and I'm going to use HS3 Pi in the garage for now. I don't really need the X-10 but it would be nice and it SHOULD work. If you remember, I was going to try and run the Pi with the Z-wave remote plug-in, but haven't been able to get the Windows version of that working.

I've really fallen down the rabbit hole. With the replacement Z-troller being RPi-B+ based, you would think the current Linux plug-in to Win-tel would be working. Gotten zero replies from anyone at HST on my bug listing.

So I'm thinking I should just get a book or two and learn to program some things on the Pi, but forget HS3 for a while. My major resolution for the new year is to be more relaxed about things, to not get upset about things that don't really matter and to have more fun!

Barry

Comment

Happy New Year Barry.

I'm curious as to why there is no X-10 configuration tab for a new device.
        Everything looks good except for the tab thing here too Barry.

It was working last time I tried it.

Will downgrade today to see when the issue happened.

Checked my archives and tried all versions of the X10 DLL with V.147 and none of them work.

Looking again I have a V.80 of the Zee backed up and testing that one.

I switched over to mostly using HS3 Pro on the Zee recently and hadn't played with the Zee HS3 Lite at all.

Looks like something got messed up.

Downloading all of the Zee betas and seeing which one works with X10. V.147 doesn't. There is a V.148
        Last edited by Pete; January 1, 2015, 12:33 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What a major PITA this has been. This debacle is not a good selling point for the Zee.

I tested a backup with the CM11A and it work fine.

PITA #1 issue: My initial update was still running on a trial and I couldn't register it. (SD crashed and got trashed for the second time this year such that I had to start from scratch - but had backups).
          PITA #2 issue: Zee V.147 appears to be broken with the CM11A plugin
          PITA #3 issue: you have to remove all of the X10 devices you created in V.147 of the Zee.
          PITA #4 issue: you cannot update V.147 as beta V.149 doesn't show up in the updater

I then restored my trial backup and registered it fine.

OK do this and it will work.

1 - remove all of your X-10 devices in whatever version you are running

2 - shut down HS Zee via the GUI

3 - SSH to Zee

4 - Type the following:
          root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:~# cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
          root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/usr/local/HomeSeer#
          root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/usr/local/HomeSeer# ./updatehs.sh 149
          wait until the update finishes (scripts runs)

5 - Type the following:
          root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/usr/local/HomeSeer# reboot
          6 - Go to Zee GUI

7 - make sure all of your X10 devices are deleted or gone

8 - enable the CM11A plugin - check to see that it saids OK

9 - create a new X10 device and you will see the X10 tab again.

10 - test it and it should work fine. I did here and everything is OK now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; January 1, 2015, 02:56 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, you are amazing! Thank you so much.

Not sure how to repay you for keeping me (sort of) sane.

Barry

Comment

You are welcome.

Yup yesterday due to WAF...New years little party...had to cut the checking Zee stuff short.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Raspberry Pi B+ & Homeseer Pi X-10 (CM11a) not working-FIXED

I fear HST is spread very thin. I'm hoping either they get some help or take a break from development in the new year.

Barry
                Last edited by lhfarm; January 2, 2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Hi, I was just curious if anyone else is having the same problem I am across reboots with running a CM11a and a Z-Stick on a Raspberry PI B+ with HomeSeer 3.0.0.152 (also 147 - just upgraded). (I also have an Edimax USB WiFi adapter).

It looks like to me that the developers erred by statically reference USB ports like ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, etc, as they can vary across reboots. They should be looking for device ID's on the USB ports to reference devices properly.

So basically what I'm experiencing is, first it's painful to get both X10 and the Z-stick going - I have to do the opposite of the quick start guide. I have to make sure both the CM11a and Z-Stick are connected, and that both plugins are disabled. Then I have to enabled the Z-Stick first, the figure out what port it's on by trying to initialize it on both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. Then, I have to go and set the USB port on the CM11a, then enable that plug-in. When I reboot, I have to go through this all over again if the ports have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Android View Post
                    Hi, I was just curious if anyone else is having the same problem I am across reboots with running a CM11a and a Z-Stick on a Raspberry PI B+ with HomeSeer 3.0.0.152 (also 147 - just upgraded). (I also have an Edimax USB WiFi adapter).

It looks like to me that the developers erred by statically reference USB ports like ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, etc, as they can vary across reboots. They should be looking for device ID's on the USB ports to reference devices properly.

So basically what I'm experiencing is, first it's painful to get both X10 and the Z-stick going - I have to do the opposite of the quick start guide. I have to make sure both the CM11a and Z-Stick are connected, and that both plugins are disabled. Then I have to enabled the Z-Stick first, the figure out what port it's on by trying to initialize it on both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. Then, I have to go and set the USB port on the CM11a, then enable that plug-in. When I reboot, I have to go through this all over again if the ports have changed.
                    Once I followed Pete's instructions, everything is working even through many reboots. Maybe Pete will see this and can help. I'd give serious thought to wiping the system and starting over. That might be painful, but better than fighting it.

Barry

Comment

I wondered if anyone who had been involved in this thread might have any suggestions on the problem I am having with X10 on my Zee with a TI103?
                      Please see here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173170
                      I have also opened a Bugzilla (#2630) but nothing seems to be happening on that - I assume it is visible to the people at HS?
                      Thanks for any ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by JWD View Post
                        I wondered if anyone who had been involved in this thread might have any suggestions on the problem I am having with X10 on my Zee with a TI103?
                        Please see here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173170
                        I have also opened a Bugzilla (#2630) but nothing seems to be happening on that - I assume it is visible to the people at HS?
                        Thanks for any ideas!
                        I'm really disappointed in HST right now. Once I got the Zee going, I haven't touched it. However, I have a spare TI103 left over from my HS2 box. If I get a chance, Ill try it with the Zee.

Wish I had something better to offer.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry.
                          It would be very helpful to know if you get the inbound delay coming through the Ti103 which is what my theory is about why my system is currently unusable.

Comment

Just hooked up the TI103 and I am seeing the delay in incoming X10. I set up an event to track my overhead lights going to off. I used my HS3 box to turn the light off and noted the change time. Then watched the Zee log. Up to 20 seconds before the event fired.

I'm going to try the CM11a and repeat the test. I'll get back to you.

Barry

Comment

A slight delay with the CM11a, but nothing like the TI103.

Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X