X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by JWD View Post
    Yes that is a possiblity. In the early days I'm sure I found TM13s not very effective (poor range, weak X10 signal) hence the move to the RFXCOM receivers. Now maybe a few TM13s (one per X10'd room) might do the trick - in fact I could simplify things to the point of eliminating the HS controller perhaps - ie just direct device control. I have ordered a couple of TM13s to experiment but would welcome any other suggestions.
    Never had any issue with my TM13 (still going strong from a kit I bought from Maplin in about 2001) but like with anything X10 it appears to be as much about your environment than anything else (I appear to have been blessed compared to others). Another option is http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...products_id=52 which I had but that did die of an unknown cause.

I don't know if any other RF receivers interface with a script that you could use on the Zee...

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Yes that is a possiblity. In the early days I'm sure I found TM13s not very effective (poor range, weak X10 signal) hence the move to the RFXCOM receivers. Now maybe a few TM13s (one per X10'd room) might do the trick - in fact I could simplify things to the point of eliminating the HS controller perhaps - ie just direct device control. I have ordered a couple of TM13s to experiment but would welcome any other suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    I have seen nothing to say that HS are intending to allow plugins on the Zee (although people have installed the Linux version of HS on a Raspberry Pi that will allow additional plugins to be used with it) apart from vague possibilities mentioned early on, something to do with the limited memory available.

If you only use RFXCOM for X10 RF switches (not sure whether you do) could you not use a TM13? Somewhat old school and slow but does the job. Then would get the data into HS via the TI103.

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    started a topic HS2 to Zee migration

HS2 to Zee migration

We've been using 2 HS2 systems in two houses for many years.
    We want to sell the house with a more "dummy-proof" way of operating the automation we leave behind which is rather integrated into the house.

What we want to leave behind and simplify boils down to probably around 20 X-10 DIN switches, a number of RF X-10 "switches".

We currently use an ACT TI-103 for the X-10 interface and an RFXCOM USB transceiver for the RF stuff. We also have Z-Wave, IR, and many other items which WON'T need to be supported in future.

The Hometroller Zee looked like a great way to do what we needed but without the RFXCOM support we're a bit stuck!

Is there any chance of RFXCOM support in the Zee? (I have seen other requests on here)
    Does anyone have any other suggestions on how we can do what we need?

JWD
    Last edited by JWD; January 21, 2015, 10:57 AM.
Working...
X