Should a Zee be this slow? - TI103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should a Zee be this slow? - TI103

I am trying to move most of my X10 switches and events to a Zee.
    I have it working with a TI103 X10 interface and a bunch of DIN X10 lamp module dimming switches.
    X10 "input" is from handheld remotes and stick-on switches via some plug-in X10 TM13 transceivers.
    However, the response time from pressing the switch to the lights coming on / going off is unacceptably slow - maybe 10-15 seconds if you are lucky - and doesn't seem very reliable.
    Triggering the same events from the HSTouch App or directly from the HS3 webpages is fine with quick response.
    I think the issue is to do with the speed at which the triggers from the RF switch are reaching the Zee through the TI103.
    I know all about X10 reliability in general but after some years use of HS2 and with X10 filters on noisy devices I have come to terms with all that.
    How confident should I be in the way the Zee is picking up the X10 signals through the TI103?
    I'm on Zee .152 - ie all up to date - assuming that is a good thing to be!
    Thanks for any suggestions.

I've done some further tests involving checking the X10 inbound signals to HS2 through the same TI103. It picks the signals up perfectly and quickly. It seems to confirm that the issue is something to do with the way the Zee is handling inbound X10 messages through the TI103.
    On the Zee the problem events are triggered by "Receive X10 Command"

Comment

Originally posted by JWD View Post
      I've done some further tests involving checking the X10 inbound signals to HS2 through the same TI103. It picks the signals up perfectly and quickly. It seems to confirm that the issue is something to do with the way the Zee is handling inbound X10 messages through the TI103.
      Interesting. This suggests that something's going on with X10's plugin on the Zee. The Zee isn't slow for me with Z-Wave stuff, for instance. The only difference I really notice between my Zee and my SEL is that the latter boots up/shuts down quicker, and the UI is slightly more snappy.

Comment

I've opened a ticket on Bugzilla (#2630) on 26th Feb and within the 30 days. The first time I have done that after 10+ years of Homeseer use - how long should I expect to wait before some response? I can't make much more progress with my migration unless I can resolve the issue.

Comment

X10 isn't a high priority. I just want X10 to work as it did in HS2.

I opened an X10 ticket (1730) on 4/7/2014 that has never been fully resolved with the last HST response on 9/18/2014.

I've also chimed in on ticket (1820) from 5/3/2014 with the last HST response on 9/18/2014.

My issues are not the same as yours. Just a heads up (not a rant) on response times.

Comment

How did you do it?

How did you get the TI103 to work. I have tried for over a year, every time a upgrade come out I hope it will work and it has not ever worked for me. I am just curious how did you get it to work? Thanks for any help.
            danielbo

Comment

Danielbo, I just installed a new Zee with version .152, set it up as per the instructions and it worked (although too slowly with the TI103 of course)
              John

Comment

Danielbo, I just installed a new Zee with version .152, set it up as per the instructions and it worked (although too slowly with the TI103 of course)
                John
                Thank you John for your fast reply, I have it installed, but I did it by the update software on the program so as you said "set it up per the instructions" I didnt get any, I just did the update. So is there any thing special you did? I know it would work a lot better then CM11. I am about ready to just return back to homeseer pro on the computer. I would appreciate any information on the install. As you stated it being slow, so maybe I just needed to wait, how much slower?
                Thanks again, I will try anything. I really want zee to work, but I have had it now for about 2 years, and has not worked right yet. I hate not to try to use it, just dont have $200.00 just to toss in the trash.
                Daniel Bonnell
                danielbo

Comment

Daniel, my suggestion to get to the point I am at would be to download a fresh copy of version .152 (not sure if you can do that though - can't find an image on HS.com) and then follow this QuickStart Guide
                  http://www.homeseer.com/guides//Home...tart-Guide.pdf

I am using a TrendNet TU-S9 USB Serial adapter by the way - but I think as you have CM11 working this is perhaps not the issue.

John

Comment

Daniel, I see you can download a fresh image at the latest level as described here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163616

Comment

Working...
                    X