Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Yes. That backup contains everything in the homeseer folder.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    You are correct. A backup of the configuration in the HS GUI will not save any images you have added - those live under the html\images folder.

You have a few options:

--Image the SD card using Win32DiskImager. You should do this anyway to keep a good working image on-hand for disaster/recovery.

--Use WinSCP to copy the entire /usr/local/HomeSeer folder from your Zee to a folder on your PC, then copy it up to another Zee. Login as root for downloading and uploading.

--Use my backup script which only backs up the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder. Login as homeseer when running the script. Login as root to restore it.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12
    Iv tried both now, the Win32DiskImager made a 7,88gb image file. While copying the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder from your Zee only was 39,8mb.

So don't know what is the best. I will test a bit more. But will that small 40mb file actually backup all virtual devices made and events made with images?

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    You are correct. A backup of the configuration in the HS GUI will not save any images you have added - those live under the html\images folder.

You have a few options:

--Image the SD card using Win32DiskImager. You should do this anyway to keep a good working image on-hand for disaster/recovery.

--Use WinSCP to copy the entire /usr/local/HomeSeer folder from your Zee to a folder on your PC, then copy it up to another Zee. Login as root for downloading and uploading.

--Use my backup script which only backs up the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder. Login as homeseer when running the script. Login as root to restore it.
    Thank you for quick and good reply. This will save me for a lot of work for sure.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied

You have a few options:

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    I have another question for backup. Iv added pictures to status of different stuff. If i backup in system will it bring with me icons etc? From the size of the files it doesnt seem to be included with the pictures.

What is the best way to backup the whole thing if i want to transfer everything to a new Zee by example?

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    OK after a restart here its empty. But if i restore the backup i dont get any events or virtual devices back :/

EDIT: My fault i didnt properly restart the unit after.
    Last edited by U5tabil; March 14, 2015, 05:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Did you shutdown homeseer first?

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    I tried this. but seems like it does not work.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    You'll need PuTTY or any other SSH utility.
    Login as user homeseer
    cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
    ./factory.sh

Alternately, you can follow this thread - it even has a link to the original Zee image:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163616

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    And how do i use this?

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    The zee has a factory.sh located in the homeseer root folder. This will reset it to factory level.

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    Iv tried making a "setup" that i backed up now. there are no devices in this system for now, only vitual devices and events.

What is the best way to "reset" the device so i can test if this works like i want it or if something will be missing?

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    So that will backup all? Thats great.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Ah - under Tools -> Setup. The General tab has a backup/restore option...

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    So how can i backup events and virtual devices to take to another system?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X