Backup system questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup system questions

I'm wondering if it is possible to say backup a system, then restore it on another Zee, with all events, virtual devices made etc?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

I would only restore the Config folder - that would contain the HS database and the configuration settings.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

So how can i backup events and virtual devices to take to another system?

Comment

Ah - under Tools -> Setup. The General tab has a backup/restore option...

Comment

So that will backup all? Thats great.

Comment

Iv tried making a "setup" that i backed up now. there are no devices in this system for now, only vitual devices and events.

What is the best way to "reset" the device so i can test if this works like i want it or if something will be missing?

Comment

The zee has a factory.sh located in the homeseer root folder. This will reset it to factory level.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

And how do i use this?

Comment

You'll need PuTTY or any other SSH utility.
                  Login as user homeseer
                  cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                  ./factory.sh

Alternately, you can follow this thread - it even has a link to the original Zee image:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163616

Comment

I tried this. but seems like it does not work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did you shutdown homeseer first?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

OK after a restart here its empty. But if i restore the backup i dont get any events or virtual devices back :/

EDIT: My fault i didnt properly restart the unit after.
                        Last edited by U5tabil; March 14, 2015, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I have another question for backup. Iv added pictures to status of different stuff. If i backup in system will it bring with me icons etc? From the size of the files it doesnt seem to be included with the pictures.

What is the best way to backup the whole thing if i want to transfer everything to a new Zee by example?

Comment

You are correct. A backup of the configuration in the HS GUI will not save any images you have added - those live under the html\images folder.

You have a few options:

--Image the SD card using Win32DiskImager. You should do this anyway to keep a good working image on-hand for disaster/recovery.

--Use WinSCP to copy the entire /usr/local/HomeSeer folder from your Zee to a folder on your PC, then copy it up to another Zee. Login as root for downloading and uploading.

--Use my backup script which only backs up the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder. Login as homeseer when running the script. Login as root to restore it.
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                              You are correct. A backup of the configuration in the HS GUI will not save any images you have added - those live under the html\images folder.

You have a few options:

--Image the SD card using Win32DiskImager. You should do this anyway to keep a good working image on-hand for disaster/recovery.

--Use WinSCP to copy the entire /usr/local/HomeSeer folder from your Zee to a folder on your PC, then copy it up to another Zee. Login as root for downloading and uploading.

--Use my backup script which only backs up the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder. Login as homeseer when running the script. Login as root to restore it.
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12
                              Thank you for quick and good reply. This will save me for a lot of work for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X