Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZEE, updated, not seeing the z-Wave interface, how to refresh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried homeseer, etc
    no luck
    access is denied

any other options to log in?

if not, any way to blow the whole thing up, start again; I'd have to rebuild my devices, but for the time I've spent on this, it is nuts.

if you don't mind continuing to try, I don't mind, but if it takes a reset, we can do that too

I don't mind working with the SSH (software is installed)

thanks
    nick

Comment

any way to bypass this, or use the zEE device ID?
      No

any other options to log in?
      No

if you don't mind continuing to try, I don't mind, but if it takes a reset, we can do that too
      Yes; if you feel like that will help you.

Tiny baby steps now.

Try creating a new user in HS3 Zee GUI first before a total reset.

Give the user admin rights and try using that user in SSH. You will need user sudo access in the SSH terminal session.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Nick,

Well as a last resort since you do not mind starting over, look at the link below.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163616

You will have to remove each device that was previously installed prior to adding them to your new system.

Bob

Comment

now this is really bizaare

I started homeseer

added
          Admin101 - password adminpwd (all lower case)
          I STOPPED homeseer

but this is what I get when trying to log in

and I know I typed this in correctly

Admin101 had ADMIN and LOCAL privledges
          Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

The HomeSeer HS3 password is not what SSH is looking for. The password for the SSH is the Debian root password which would have been set up when you initially got the Zee. By default, unless you changed the password, HS has this set to "Username: homeseer Password: hsthsths3". If you changed this I would suspect that the Username is still "homeseer" and the Password is one of your own choices.

Bob

Comment

EUREKA !!!!!
              homeseer, user -

AND, one of my other passwords stored in kepass --- !!!

I hae something on the screen now -
              I am going to leave the office, go home, and work on thie directions above, I believe I now have access !!

I will work on this in an hour or two, and I DO APPRECIATE everyone's efforts with this - I just want to make this work @!!

Comment

Nick,

Since you got into the root account, I would not "restore" your Zee unless that is where you really want to go. I believe that Pete was going to explain to you how to update your Zee to the latest HS3 with Z-Wave .216. To do this follow the below.

In Pete's words: Baby Steps

Enter: "cd /usr/local/HomeSeer"
                "./updatehs.sh 162"

This will update you Zee to the current Z-Wave plug-in.

Bob

Comment

to PETE -
                  re: your steps -
                  I am at step 8/9
                  I have the directory listed !!
                  EUREKA

Bob's password review helped me get there, and your steps are great !

I am shutting down the work computer, am going home, send me the next steps to download update, etc
                  AND, we should do the complete update, the RPi (I believe,), etc

thanks
                  nick

Comment

PETE,
                    I am home, system is up (home system looking at basement system through TightVNC), I have the directory listed.
                    Also, found bob's thread on 163 (different thread)

found thread from bob (another thread)
                    ./updatehs.sh 163
                    is this the next step?
                    and, updateing the Rpi (might as well do this)

awaiting your feedback
                    nick

Comment

Yeah...great news!
                      Best to shut down HS3 and update RPi first.

type sudo su apt-get update
                      type sudo su apt-get updgrade

reboot, shut down HS3 and run update and upgrade again

This will take a while.

After do a sudo apt-get autoremove

Reboot again and shut down HS3 to upgrade HS3.

Here also installed Webmin for a web based management tool. It is light and very easy way to keep the RPi updated.

Also now try WinSCP to the Zee. Best also to sudo change root password.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
                        please clarify. If I am IN the SSH -
                        how to shut down HS3 - and do I do that before the next two steps?.
                        type sudo su apt-get update
                        type sudo su apt-get updgrade

clarify - REBOOT - what to reboot - the HomeTroller ZEE? if so, is that a POWER OFF, or what?
                        reboot, shut down HS3 and run update and upgrade again

This will take a while.
                        After do a sudo apt-get autoremove
                        Reboot again and shut down HS3 to upgrade HS3.
                        agan, ciarify -

confusion, next two steps?
                        Here also installed Webmin for a web based management tool. It is light and very easy way to keep the RPi updated.
                        Also now try WinSCP to the Zee. Best also to sudo change root password.

also, at what prompt to typt the sudo-su items? got an errof of "no passwd entry for user

Comment

how to shut down HS3
                          Use the HS3 GUI.

REBOOT - what to reboot - the HomeTroller ZEE?
                          Yes via SSH as you will have HS3 not running at this point.

Until you are done with endeavor keep shutting off HS3 as it will automatically restart on a reboot.

agan, ciarify -
                          autoremove just cleans up the extra junk created when you updated your RPi.

sudo su keeps you in sudo mode.

sudo whatever runs in sudo (root mode)

winSCP gives you a windows like explorer view of your RPi. Here you can copy out or in Homeseer directory stuff or the entire directory. You can also edit files or make tweaks easy like. Note best to have root access when using WinSCP.

root access stuff

sudo passwd root

Webmin provides you with a nice easy web based management gui where you do not have to SSH to the computer to update the RPi. When you occassionally log in it will let you know if you need update. You click on update; easy peasey.

After updating you can:

1 - sudo wget hxxp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.740_all.deb

2 - sudo apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python

3 - dpkg --install webmin_1.740_all.deb

Note installation of Webmin has nothing to do with Homeseer 3 other than helping you some via a web based management program.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,
                            I apologize, but I am totally lost.
                            I have the HomeTroller ZEE, and I
                            1. unplugged power
                            2. unplugged network cable
                            3. plugged power back in
                            4. plugged network cable back in
                            5. used browser, 192.168.0.108, got HS3 interface
                            6. shut down HS3 (then also hit the Shut down HS3 button on left, which was the confirmatory action, I guess)
                            7 used SSH to log bck in
                            entered username and password
                            8 tried the first command

it comes up to the PASSWORD prompt
                            I entered same password that I entered in login
                            get password entry error

I am lost as to what to type here

I DO HAVE VERSION .163 showing (I had tried the command that bob had posted elsewhere
                            BUT, the zSTICK still shows as not accessable even after enabling

I understand WHERE to type, but I am lacking intuitition as to what to type into the SSH block; unless you have it line by line, just about, I am not familiar with the sudo commands, etc (but I don't mind typing them)

sorry for being dense, in trying to get this fixed;...

if this becomes exhausting to you, let me know, and I'll try clean restore (but then may be at same issue of upgrading.....)
                            nick

I don't mind continuing to work on this...
                            Attached Files

Comment

I partially gave up.
                              I downloaded the troller ZEE update. I dug up an 8 gig card (the unit only had 4 gig)
                              flashed the IMG file
                              VOILA, I got back a working card with z-stick working.
                              BUT, it was only at version .152
                              SO, I did the .163 update
                              THAT worked, and zstick still shows up -
                              BUT, see image - status icons are gone
                              but it seems to have imported the info from zstick

QUESTION
                              how to get icons back

QUESTION
                              the rPi update - still not solved

see my prior replies about my denseness in the brain with the sudo commands, and the password issues
                              Attached Files

Comment

Try the update again.

You can also do it manually.

Use sudo or sudo su by itself.

The update is sudo apt-get update.

If you type sudo su once then you are in sudoer mode.

Shut down the Homeseer program. SSH to the box.

Here is the manual way to do the update/upgrade for OS

pete@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE ~ $ sudo su
                                [sudo] password for pete:
                                root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/home/pete#
                                root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/home/pete# apt-get update
                                Hit hxxp://archive.raspberrypi.org wheezy Release.gpg

root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/home/pete# apt-get upgrade
                                Reading package lists... Done
                                Building dependency tree
                                Reading state information... Done
                                0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                                root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/home/pete#
                                Here is the manual way to do the upgrade for Homeseer. Note this is the script done manually. It's really not different.
                                Make sure Homeseer is not running.

root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/home/pete# cd /
                                root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/# cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                                root@ICS-HomeTrollerZEE:/usr/local/HomeSeer#

sudo wget hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux_zee_3_0_0_162.tar.gz

sudo tar xvf hslinux_zee_3_0_0_162.tar.gz

./go
                                the go will start homeseer. Leave it there for a bit and then go to the browser.

Type shutdown in the SSH window then reboot to reboot the Zee.

BTW updated to version 163. I see neighbor quality now on the Z-Wave node information.
                                Last edited by Pete; April 11, 2015, 01:27 AM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X