Beta 2.2.0.31 and HSM100 Z-wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 2.2.0.31 and HSM100 Z-wave

I received and installed my one HMS100 multi-sensor tonight. I then installed the beta HS2 2.2.0.31 without any problems.

I played around a little, I found the only way that I could get the battery level 'thingy' to show up for my older ZIR000 PIRs was to remove the node, delete the device, and then do a delete and then add with Z-Troller. I may have done some overkill with that. If there is an easier way, please post it.

I added the HSM100 Multi-Sensor without any problems.

A few comments & questions follow.

I noted that when I set the 'LED OFF' configuration option, the LED did not actually go off until the unit went out of 'wakeup' (I think). Anyway the LED is off now. Some people (like me) might get confused if the LED does not switch of at the time of configuration change. A note in the instructions might be useful.

I set in a wakeup interval of 5 minutes, after a few seconds delay the setting changed to 6 minutes. ? Might be a bug.

Question; How does the sensitivity setting relate to real life, is 255 max? Any way to relate that to, say, the ability to detect a cat at 10 feet?

Question; Same as above but for light level. Is there any conversion factor such as lumens or something? I am just trying to get an idea as to what a 'room full of light' will report as opposed to a 'dimly lighted room'.

Anyhow, GOOD JOB on this. I am currently using a USB temperature sensor and some script to get temperature data. The HSM100 makes my life so much easier now (as in I need to sense temperature in a different room but my USB cable will not reach that far).

Thanks all.

Ken

edit added:
    I forgot to mention, I am using HS2 on a WinXP machine.
    Last edited by ; July 20, 2007, 08:44 AM. Reason: added info

Ken,
    As far as the light level goes, this will vary with every installation. I would recommend turning the lights on in the area where you have the sensor mounted and record the high value and then dim the lights to a "normal" level and record the value.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Ken,
      As far as the light level goes, this will vary with every installation. I would recommend turning the lights on in the area where you have the sensor mounted and record the high value and then dim the lights to a "normal" level and record the value.
      Thanks Rupp,

Sometimes I forget I am a technician and not a scientist (as in just do the obvious), your suggestion worked fine.

One thing I noted with the light level reporting, just as a bit of information, when the level is zero, the 'Last change' field of HS2 will show the time it went to zero. It will not report another change until the light goes above zero. Example: I turned the lights off at 9:26PM last night. This morning, the HMS100 reported the last temperature change as 4:50AM (about the time I checked) and the light level change time still reported 9:26PM. I turned on the lights and the light level and change time updated.

Ken

Comment

The "Last Change" field is just that, the time the device value changed. If it was zero the field will not update until the field values "changes".
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X