HSM100 Temp Value Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 Temp Value Bug?

I could be all wet with this but I will post it anyway.

I have a temperature reporting device called a THUM that reports temperature as a virtual value to HS2 in a script. I recently installed a HSM100 and just substituted the device (HSM100 Temperature/THUM temperature) in the event trigger menu, .... and, .... none of the previously working events fired in a 48 hour test period.

I did read where someone has (something like) 74.2 degrees pronounced as "seven hundred and forty degrees" on a voice announcement. As a test, I changed one event to have the 'temperature > 740'. Today, that event fires after the temperature got above 74 degrees. Please double check me on this. I sometimes miss the obvious.

Thanks.

Ken

edit added:

I forgot to mention I use,
    HS2 2.2.0.31 on a XP system
    Last edited by ; July 25, 2007, 12:22 AM. Reason: added info

Ken,
    All Device Values are stored as a long int ( not a double ) so if you want to use the double value you have to divide the deviceValue by 10 to get the actual value.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp,

It looks a little odd having an HS event that turns on a fan when the temperature device reads 780, but, I'm adaptable.

I'm guessing that the light level will read the same way? As in 15% would be a value of 150?

Ken

edit added:
      Just for general info, the light level for HS events is a one to one relationship, 15% = 15 (not 150).
      Last edited by ; July 26, 2007, 02:52 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

So... I am guessing that I am the only person who thinks this just might be just a 'little bit' strange? I can turn a fan on at 780F, but that sure seems like a work-around. ? 'Hope I do not get confused with something that reports the temperature 'as I expected'. I may come home to a real cool (or hot) house one day if that happens.

Ken

Comment

I'm pretty sure the value returned for the light will be 15 for 15%. It's an integer value from 0-100. The temperature is in 0.1 degree resolution but it's still an integer so I assume HS has scaled the value up by 10X to get the resoution. It should be a floating point number instead of an integer.

Comment

I have done some programming. I understand the use of integers in place of floats. Sometimes it is the language, sometimes it is the programmers preference. I have no problems with that. I only worry, that at, some point later in time, all of my HS2 events will need to be corrected from 780F to 78F.

It would be good to either correct it NOW, or else, just publish a written standard on how this thing works NOW. And stick to that specification.

That is my only concern.

Ken

Comment

The fact that the device value is a long is published in the HomeSeer help files.
              http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...evicevalue.htm

Comment

Tell you what Rupp, you would be the last person that I would argue this with you.

In my own simple way, I guess I am asking, how would a HS neophyte know to use 780F instead of 78F? That's it.

(That info does not come with the instructions of the HMS100)

Ken
                Last edited by ; August 15, 2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Ken,
                  The more I think about this the more I think this may not be working as expected. Let me check on this.

Comment

Tnx

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why my temperature-triggered events seem to happen too frequently. With the current versions of the sensor and HS (2.5.0.81 pro), is the value entered for a trigger the string (2 digits and decimal) or the four digit value displayed on the "Additional Information" page for the device or is it the three digit (string x 10) version?
                      Last edited by Gene Vance; November 13, 2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X