HSM100 No Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 No Luck

I have the HSM 100 and the Z troller, I cannot get the HSM 100 to be added to the Ztroller no matter what I do, all other z wave devices in my house load up fine. I have had success uploading my devices into homeseer so the z troller is working in that respect, I assume I have a bad HSM 100??

Did you try hitting the delete button on the Z-Troller then pressing the blue button? Does it respond to that?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you check the things in the Trouble Shooting section of the Wiki page?

Comment

Wiki Page??

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
        Did you check the things in the Trouble Shooting section of the Wiki page?

Not sure what the Wiki Page is....

Comment

Originally posted by sblinder View Post
          Not sure what the Wiki Page is....
          Did RJH's suggestion work for you?

"Did you try hitting the delete button on the Z-Troller then pressing the blue button? Does it respond to that?"

Comment

The third-from-left link in the bar above is "Wiki". That's sort-of an online encyclopedia written by HomeSeer users. You can click that and type "HSM100" in the search box; the first result is an article I wrote on getting the HSM100 working.

Or just click here to go directly there.

I'm wondering if the Trouble Shooting section will help you.

Comment

No rick, it did not work, nor will it add some older z wave devices i got when z wave first came out, very frustrating...

Steve

Comment

You should put in a help desk ticket in case Rich doesn't see this reply. For the older devices you are trying to add, did you reset them before trying to add them to the Z-Troller?

Comment

Appreciate your input

I am uncertain what you mean by resetting my older zwave devices, I have plugged them in, hit the button on the one home pro appliance module then unplugged it and tried the troller,no recognition, the same holds true for my older sylvania light modules. The only zwave device that I was able to add was a rocker light switch and it was taken by the ztroller in a split second. Maybe I just have bad luck, but I wont give up on Zwave, it seems the way to go.

Thanks alot for all your guys help

Steve

Comment

I assume you tried deleting the device first? Also, try power cycling the Z-Troller by removing the batteries and removing the power adapater. Also, make sure the Z-Troller has good batteries (if your adding devices under battery power)

Do you have another Z-Wave remote that you can try with the Sylvania devices just to see if the problem is with the module or the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by sblinder View Post
                      I am uncertain what you mean by resetting my older zwave devices, I have plugged them in, hit the button on the one home pro appliance module then unplugged it and tried the troller,no recognition, the same holds true for my older sylvania light modules. The only zwave device that I was able to add was a rocker light switch and it was taken by the ztroller in a split second.
                      Steve
                      Hi,

It sounds like there may be a little confusion on how the Z-Wave devices 'should' work. Basically, you only get to have one primary/master controller. This is the controller that will allow you to add new devices to a network. Once you have added your devices with the first (primary) controller you will then be able to copy the devices to other secondary controllers if you wish. Only the first controller will be able to add any new devices.

If a device is already a member of one network It cannot be added to another until it is removed (reset) from the first. Each controller has its own ID and can represent individual network IDs.

Here is where some people get confused... Any controller can remove a device from any network, the rub is that you need to physically have the controller and device within a few feet of each other for this to work. I have gotten a few devices that needed to be reset right out of the box. With the Z-Troller you will need to be located in close proximity to the device and use the delete button on the Z-Troller in conjunction with the button on your remote device. If you have more than one device that is not working, I would guess that they just need to be reset.

You can reset them with any controller but can only add them with your primary controller, also, the controller and device need to be located within a few feet of each other during the add/reset process. Z-Wave uses a low power mode for these functions to improve security.

'Hope some of this made sense. The concept is simple, it is just a little hard to explain in common English.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X