Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you force a temperature & light read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you force a temperature & light read?

I know that HSM100 is sleeping to preserve battery, but when a motion is detected, and HomeSeer informed via Z-wave, is it then possible to pull fresh data the light sensor?

It could be, that there is no way to pull data from HSM100 but that you can only get it via the automatic recurring wakeup-and-send method.

It would in my mind make sense to send the light information together with a motion detected signal, as HomeSeer could then determine if the motion detected should be ignored (if it is light) or acted upon. You would not want HomeSeer to act on 6 or 60 minute old data.

Yes, the HSM100 is awake for 2.5 seconds after sending any command and can respond to any commands during this time (which restarts the 2.5 sec timer).

I'm not sure how to get HS to issue the commands though...

Comment

I just tried the latest 2.2.0.66 version of HomeSeer. Now temperature & light is reported before MotionOff and MotionOn events. This is a great addition to HomeSeer, as now you can program intelligent control of the light based on the current light in the room.

Thanks so much for adding this!!

By the way, I noticed a small error if you use the setting "HSM100FORMAT=F" or "HSM100FORMAT=C" in the settings.ini file. Adding this line will convert the temperature to F or C, but the decimal point is lost. Removing the line (default) will return the decimal point and show the temp in F. This really a super small issue, but wanted you guys to know anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X