Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a brand new install with only one HS100 setup and mine does the exact same things as MrTiger. I tried a couple of different HS100's and they are all adding 2 motion detectors for me. They are about 6 inches away when I set them up. Did anyone figure out why this happens? I have cleared everything and readded and anytime I scan it adds 2 motions just like his.

Comment

I recently installed one and I aslo got the 2 motion devices. Once I figured out which one was actualy working, I just hid the other from view. It does not seem to cause any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mssoll View Post
        I recently installed one and I aslo got the 2 motion devices. Once I figured out which one was actualy working, I just hid the other from view. It does not seem to cause any issues.
        I actually deleted the unused one and mine is working fine also. But just installed 4 more and all did the same thing. So something is wrong when it polls the sensor.

Comment

Can one of you guys post a screen shot showing this?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Can one of you guys post a screen shot showing this?
            I can when I add some more as I already deleted my rogue devices. It does look exactly like Mrtigers though. So if I added a device ID that was 4 it would make something like this where Q21 is the bad one

Root Device 4 - Q16 (4)
            Child 4 Motion Detector Inst1 - Q17
            Child 4 Luminance Inst 2 - Q18
            Child 4 Temperature Inst 3 -Q19
            Child 4 Battery - Q20
            Child 4 Motion Detector - Q21

Comment

Q20 is the duplicate.
              Attached Files

Comment

We are aware of the duplicate motion sensor device for the HSM100 S2 sensor and are working on a fix. For now, just delete the device that is not reporting motion and you are all set.

Comment

Did anything ever happen to this issue - I get intermittent weirdness with my HSM100s i.e the two motion devices and then the motion sensors stop reporting (they report but report motion or no motion when nothing is happening in the motion area).

Comment

Re: HSM100 Usage with HomeSeer

Originally posted by Spanna2000 View Post
                    Did anything ever happen to this issue - I get intermittent weirdness with my HSM100s i.e the two motion devices and then the motion sensors stop reporting (they report but report motion or no motion when nothing is happening in the motion area).
                    What version of Home seer are you running?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Hi there - I am using HS2.5.0.78
                      the HSM is actually a EzMotion version (can we get HSM100 in the UK?)
                      The firmware etc versions:3.34 (ZDK Version 4.53) App: 2.2
                      I re-initialized, changed batteries etc.

in this version I am not getting the duplicate motion device but I am more critically not getting any motion reports at all after the device sleeps. I got an initial motion report when the device was configured but nothing since.

When the initial (during config) motion was detected I got a motion status but not a time update.
                      I don't seem to get the battery status time changing either but need to check more log files after replacing batteries.
                      I am getting temp & luminance reports.

I've added a motion event logger (using powertrigger to log to CSV) and will see what gets logged over time

Comment

Originally posted by Spanna2000 View Post
                        Hi there - I am using HS2.5.0.78
                        the HSM is actually a EzMotion version
                        Is this device Z-Wave certified? If so it should work with HomeSeer.

Comment

Similar to Spanna2000 I get no time stamp for both motion and battery;motion and Battery level are reported.

Manufacturer:HomeSeer Tech; Product-Type:2 H;Product.ID: 2 H; Version: 3.40 (ZDK Version 4.54) App: 3.3
                          HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.78 (Beta)

In addition I noticed the following problems with the (new) HSM100 :

- during Add (an HSM100) Node:
                          17/02/2013 15:36:02 - Warning - Device Z-Wave Library Child 141 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
                          and the error
                          17/02/2013 15:38:53 - Error - (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Air_Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=141/-1

I made Temperature reporting (handling of this Sensor Multilevel Report) working by activating a device Rescan approx. 10 seconds before
                          the next Error message would have come. This (and all following) Sensor Multilevel Report(s) then generated no more errors (and temperature was reported successfully).

- a Remove (HSM100) Node seems to be successful, but you can do it n times and it is always reports success (the device itself disappears in the device list with the first Remove Node).

Comment

Originally posted by Andredud View Post
                            Similar to Spanna2000 I get no time stamp for both motion and battery;motion and Battery level are reported.

Manufacturer:HomeSeer Tech; Product-Type:2 H;Product.ID: 2 H; Version: 3.40 (ZDK Version 4.54) App: 3.3
                            HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.78 (Beta)

In addition I noticed the following problems with the (new) HSM100 :

- during Add (an HSM100) Node:
                            17/02/2013 15:36:02 - Warning - Device Z-Wave Library Child 141 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
                            and the error
                            17/02/2013 15:38:53 - Error - (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Air_Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=141/-1

I made Temperature reporting (handling of this Sensor Multilevel Report) working by activating a device Rescan approx. 10 seconds before
                            the next Error message would have come. This (and all following) Sensor Multilevel Report(s) then generated no more errors (and temperature was reported successfully).

- a Remove (HSM100) Node seems to be successful, but you can do it n times and it is always reports success (the device itself disappears in the device list with the first Remove Node).
                            These messages typically indicate that when you added the node to HomeSeer it was either not awake or too far away to be reached when HomeSeer was querying the hardware for it's functionality.

Comment

Rupp,
                              I think I can exclude both cases as the addition happens with the node being within one yard to the controller and the device being configured for "always-on" operation (and connected to a power supply).
                              I made a mistake in reporting the updating of movement and battery level. They don't change. Movement is always On and the battery level is always 100%.
                              So the behavior is like Spanna2000s devices.

Comment

You asked if these devices are Z-Wave certified. The documentation says they are. It also says "HS2 provides native support for EZMotion
                                which is also known as the HSM100 Multi-Sensor."

I have been away for a week so not following the thread. Returning home I can see the devices reporting intermittently.

On subsequent rescans I did not get the messages about missing nodes.

I am still trying to rule out the setting options that might be causing the motion settings not to work.

I have just reduced the sensitivity - I am wondering if the sensitivity is causing them to be permanently triggered.

More in a few days time. Thanks for those that followed this issue so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X