This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spanna2000 View Post
    I have been away for a week so not following the thread. Returning home I can see the devices reporting intermittently.
    Do they report more consistently if you move them closer to your controller? If they report intermittently it could be a distance issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They report temp & luminance ok and on time and communicate when in config mode so its not a radio issue. it's a sensor, firmware or HS2 thing. I suspect it might be HS2 not hearing the messages when they arrive, but that's a guess based on not knowing how exactly homeseer listens and what the mechanism is for the controller to handover messages to the host.

Comment

They report temp & luminance ok. They do this on time. I can graph the change in temp from hour to hour. I can communicate when in config mode so it's not a radio issue.

It has to be a sensor, firmware or HS2 SW thing. I suspect it might be HS2 not hearing the messages when they arrive, but that's a guess because I do not know how exactly homeseer listens and what the mechanism is for the controller to handover messages to the host. I could do with monitoring the messages in the controller log outside of homeseer but do not know how to do that yet.

The sensor reports motion (flashing led) accurately when the sensor is in config mode so the sensor itself is functional - assuming it is waking up properly.

Comment

Another idea - perhaps the signal for motion is being received (on reflection why would HS accept the temp/luminance but miss the motion) but the update time is not being updated?

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running and what is firmware version on the HSM100 sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanna2000 View Post
              Hi there - I am using HS2.5.0.78
              the HSM is actually an EzMotion version (can we get HSM100 in the UK?)
              The firmware etc versions:3.34 (ZDK Version 4.53) App: 2.2

Comment

I confirm (for the 2 HSMs I use) Spanna2000 observation (I reported in this thread on February 17th).
                To my surprise I found today, after creating an association between the HSMs and Binary switches, that the movement detector works as expected (by me) :
                the associated switch changes to ON when movement happens in front of the detector and switches OFF when the delay ends up.
                However there is no trace of it in the Status display an in the Log.

Comment

Originally posted by Andredud View Post
                  I confirm (for the 2 HSMs I use) Spanna2000 observation (I reported in this thread on February 17th).
                  To my surprise I found today, after creating an association between the HSMs and Binary switches, that the movement detector works as expected (by me) :
                  the associated switch changes to ON when movement happens in front of the detector and switches OFF when the delay ends up.
                  However there is no trace of it in the Status display an in the Log.
                  The association should have completed automatically if HomeSeer was able to query the unit when it was being imported from your controller. If HS can't communicate with the device this association will not occur.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I agree with Andredud, the status update and log updates are not happening automatically. If I add an event that is on "Device set any" and set it to log to the HS Log (thanks Powertrigger) then I can see activity for the motion detector being logged.
                    The root device has auto associated with the homeseer controller - not sure how i would manually associate anything to the binary device.

Comment

Hi Spanna2000,
                      if I understood well, it would be quite easy.
                      Go in Status, select the HSM100 root device,then (in the Modify Device page) select Associations. In the Z-Wave Associations Management the selected source (the specific HSM100) is shownand you select the Destination (To Be Controlled) Device,usually the binary switch you would like to get activated.Press ADD , and the selected switch will be shown now as associated in its group . Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        The association should have completed automatically if HomeSeer was able to query the unit when it was being imported from your controller. If HS can't communicate with the device this association will not occur.
                        Rupp,
                        HS always did the 1t association between HomeSeer and the HSM100.
                        After joining manually a 2d association between the HSM100 and the To Be Controlled Device (a switch) , movements in front of the HSM100 lead to the expected result, WITHOUT any trace in the Log.

Comment

Hi, the manual association thing shouldn't apply in my case - I can't manually associated the sensor with any of the other child devices on the sensors. I did try it with a Z-wave lamp but I couldn't figure out how to make it only apply after dark. In any case I am looking for movement to help me control heating and standby of convenience devices.

I haven't made much progress to giving anyone coherent facts.

Question for someone that knows how Z-wave is monitored by HS2:
                          I presume anything I do with HS is dependent on HS actually seeing the device message. So I can't use triggers/script or any other high level HS method to try and monitor what is happening. If HS is not seeing the status in the event log then I presume it is not getting to HS. HS is listed in the associations - and the other sensors in the same devices are getting their message thru.

Comment

The original post for this thread is from 6 years ago, and there is no Wiki page as linked. I just want to be sure that the instructions are still the same. Does one still use a three digit temperature (i.e. 80.1 degrees = 801) as the value for an event triggered by a device value as is indicated in the OP? The HS log reports the four digit value (80.1 degrees - 8010) and the string value for these devices.

Does the trigger work the same for Aeotec sensors?
                            Last edited by Gene Vance; November 13, 2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

in HS3, it looks to be 2-digit - yes, it is 36 degrees here in MS today
                              Attached Files
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm running HS Pro 2.5.0.81.
                                My screen looks like this:
                                (This is an interior sensor, near the exhaust for a refrigeration unit)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X