Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, my event, which turns a fan on at above 85 degrees and off at below 82 seems to be working predictably with four digit values (8500 high and 8200 low).

Comment

I have been running my events using four digit temperature values for a few days, and that seems to be the way to go with my version of HS (Pro 2.5.0.81). The first post of this thread really needs to be corrected, because it is accurate neither for the recent HS2 nor for HS3, if the screen shot from rmasonjr means the same as the corresponding info from HS2.

These events appear to work (I had disabled the email event pending testing). The point of this routine is to exhaust the air from the top of a little foyer in from of my wine room. The foyer may be a little small to dissipate the hot air efficiently, so I have a small (quiet) exhaust fan pulling the air into another room. I would like it to run only when needed to keep the area no warmer than 80 degrees, as recommended by the cooling unit manufacturer.

Using these events, the fan came on after the wine room cooling unit had heated the upper few feet of the foyer and turned off when it cooled down. I have another thermometer with its sensor next to the HML100 measuring the temperature as a check. The HML100 is consistently high (I'd say around 6 degrees F) but it is hard to check precisely because the temperature in this area changes, and the sensor cannot report in less than 6 minute intervals, unless I stand there waving my arms.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very informative but ....

Thanks to Rick for the detailed explanations and tutorial. This is all great provided that HSM100 does work as it is intended to.
        Unfortunately HSM100 more often than not does not work as intended.
        I just installed 3 HSM100 freshly and by the book.
        They are properly connected to the zWave network and when I wake them up, I'm able to see and adjust their configuration status, which means that zwave is working and devices communicate with HomeSeer.
        I also set up an "an association" with 1. Homeseer and 2. one zwave light switch. BTW HSM100 documentation says that HSM100 allows for up to 4 associated devices. I have two so it should be OK.
        Furthermore I set up a setting 4...20 in the last line of the configuration menu, which sets luminescence threshold. Do not turn on the associated zwave light when luminescence is more than 20%.
        Here are the problems I experience

1. All 3 HSM100 devices do not report anything to HS - no motion, no temp nothing. The setting is to report hourly.
        2. All of them imported 6 devices into HS during the activation process - root, battery, temp, luminiscense and 2 (two) motion devices - motion and motion1 Why 2 motion devices ????
        3. The root device had the tendency to disappear from HomeSeer and I would find it under another name and different code. Only the unique zwave node number will prompt me that it is the one and I'd manually restore it. It worked albeit this is weird.
        4. All 3 HSM100 devices operate the associated zWave lamps flawlessly as intended. However this is no consolation provided that none of them reports to HomeSeer.

Comment

There are many versions of the HSM100 and the code needs to handle the changes btween them, can you post the APP version of the ones you are using that are not reporting.

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          Thanks to Rick for the detailed explanations and tutorial. This is all great provided that HSM100 does work as it is intended to.
          Unfortunately HSM100 more often than not does not work as intended.
          I just installed 3 HSM100 freshly and by the book.
          They are properly connected to the zWave network and when I wake them up, I'm able to see and adjust their configuration status, which means that zwave is working and devices communicate with HomeSeer.
          I also set up an "an association" with 1. Homeseer and 2. one zwave light switch. BTW HSM100 documentation says that HSM100 allows for up to 4 associated devices. I have two so it should be OK.
          Furthermore I set up a setting 4...20 in the last line of the configuration menu, which sets luminescence threshold. Do not turn on the associated zwave light when luminescence is more than 20%.
          Here are the problems I experience

1. All 3 HSM100 devices do not report anything to HS - no motion, no temp nothing. The setting is to report hourly.
          2. All of them imported 6 devices into HS during the activation process - root, battery, temp, luminiscense and 2 (two) motion devices - motion and motion1 Why 2 motion devices ????
          3. The root device had the tendency to disappear from HomeSeer and I would find it under another name and different code. Only the unique zwave node number will prompt me that it is the one and I'd manually restore it. It worked albeit this is weird.
          4. All 3 HSM100 devices operate the associated zWave lamps flawlessly as intended. However this is no consolation provided that none of them reports to HomeSeer.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

App 1.9

Straight from HS Log.

Z-Wave device 3 version: Lib: 2.40 App: 1.9

Comment

More

Spent another few hours trying to tweak one of my HSM100s.

Followed the advise of Rick not to remove nodes from Zwave network easily and for no reason. Since I have no complains from Z-wave network I left it alone.

In HomeSeer deleted all 5 HSM100 related "slave" devices - battery, luminescence, temperature and two for motion (why two were created in the first place tell me). Did not delete the "root" a.k.a. "master" HS100 device.

Went to HSM100 config menu and verified all settings. Changed the reporting time from 1 hour down to 30 min. Checked the associations. Made sure that HomeSeer is there. Although the screen says " check your device documentation about which group to choose" there was only one Group available to choose from in Associations menu. It is Group 1.

After this prep work I did "Rescan" HS100 to re-create the slave devices with the hope that they will work this time.

I needed to re-scan 4 times to get some kind of results. First time I got 4 slave devices with "unspecified" values and there was no way to make HS100 communicate with those and update the values. Next time I got only one device created. Third time I got 4 slave devices created. Two were "unspecified". Of course I'd delete all slave devices before the next "rescan". Another thing I noticed is that some devices will arbitrarily change their names and codes in HS. At one point I had the "temperature" device disappear and two "battery level" devices instead of one battery and one temperature. The last attempt looked most successful. It created four devices and those were updated with certain values which looked real. Even better HS100 started reporting temperature every 30 min as set. Unfortunately now 3 hours later there is no report of battery, luminescence and most importantly HS100 does not report motion.

RI2

Comment

What are you using for a Z-Wave controller? How far is the sensor from the controller?

I added a 1.9 HSM100 to my system here (sensor is a few feet from the Z-Troller), and it added fine the first time.

Click on the "Z-Wave" text next to the Z-Wave plugin on the plugins page and that will bring you to a screen where you can enabled debug mode. Check that box then re-add the sensor. To re-add, delete it from the network then re-add it, this will ensure its awake and we will get a log with a full import. If it does not import properly, email me the log file (its in the "Debug Logs" folder in the HS folder)

I assume you are using the 3.0.0.168 Z-Wave plugin?

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                Spent another few hours trying to tweak one of my HSM100s.

Followed the advise of Rick not to remove nodes from Zwave network easily and for no reason. Since I have no complains from Z-wave network I left it alone.

In HomeSeer deleted all 5 HSM100 related "slave" devices - battery, luminescence, temperature and two for motion (why two were created in the first place tell me). Did not delete the "root" a.k.a. "master" HS100 device.

Went to HSM100 config menu and verified all settings. Changed the reporting time from 1 hour down to 30 min. Checked the associations. Made sure that HomeSeer is there. Although the screen says " check your device documentation about which group to choose" there was only one Group available to choose from in Associations menu. It is Group 1.

After this prep work I did "Rescan" HS100 to re-create the slave devices with the hope that they will work this time.

I needed to re-scan 4 times to get some kind of results. First time I got 4 slave devices with "unspecified" values and there was no way to make HS100 communicate with those and update the values. Next time I got only one device created. Third time I got 4 slave devices created. Two were "unspecified". Of course I'd delete all slave devices before the next "rescan". Another thing I noticed is that some devices will arbitrarily change their names and codes in HS. At one point I had the "temperature" device disappear and two "battery level" devices instead of one battery and one temperature. The last attempt looked most successful. It created four devices and those were updated with certain values which looked real. Even better HS100 started reporting temperature every 30 min as set. Unfortunately now 3 hours later there is no report of battery, luminescence and most importantly HS100 does not report motion.

RI2
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What plug-in

I'm using HS2 Pro v.2.5.0.52
                  My z-wave controller is USB z-stick Aeon Series 2.
                  I downloaded and installed the drivers for Aeon from their web site.
                  There is NO z-wave plug-in in my system or at least I can't find it. The plug-in tab in HomeSeer web interface produces 4 plug-ins and no z-wave there. I couldn't find any plug-ins to add in the "updater" interface either.

Comment

Working...
                  X