Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 won't change to "no motion" state

Try it with new batteries.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

New batteries did the trick.

The last battery status showed 76% so I thought that was good, but I guess not.

Thanks, Rick

Comment

We are looking into the battery status reading.

Comment

Thanks for your help Rich!

Rick Higgs

Comment

Rich, is there any resolution to this. One of my HSM100's started showing constant motion yesterday. The battery status shows 91%

I will change the batteries tonight and i presume that will fix it.

Neil
            Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Neil,
              Rich found and error in the code that calculates the battery level and it's reporting erroneously high. Try changing out the batteries and that should fix this. The battery level reporting should be in the next release of HS.

Comment

How old are the batteries that are in there?

Comment

The order was on 8/20 so they must be from around then when i installed it. I haven't changed them since it was installed so they are probably just over 3 months old

Neil

Comment

What do you have your wake up interval set to?

Comment

I believe it is set to the default - 6 minutes? I didn't change that when i installed it.

It is in a fairly high traffic area.

As i recall when i installed it it only ever showed 96% battery level. (bad battery?). All my others show 100% but it worked perfectly and the level didn't change until yesterday when it went down to 91% and started seeing constant motion. (it is now showing 90%)

Neil

Comment

Ok, i changed the batteries last night and it did start working properly again. However it only shows a battery level of 96%

As mentioned in a previous post above that is what it always showed before from when i installed it.

Rupp mentioned a new build where the battery monitoring is fixed, any word on when this will be available?

Thanks

Neil

Comment

I noticed the motion status on my HSM100 was "stuck" on since last night. I pressed the blue button and tried to optimize it, but still it didn't work correctly. My HS system had been up and running for 110 days without issue, since I installed the patch to support the HSM100, so I figured now was as good as any to grab updates and then restart.

Did that, and it's not fixed. Jumped onto this board, and found this thread, so I just replaced the batteries. (When I installed it 3 mos ago it showed 99%, it was showing 94% yesterday, 6 minutes, low to medium traffic area)

Now the motion level is now 97% with the new batteries, and motion is registering correctly.

Call ID: 15131 logged

Comment

I found my one HSM100 in constant motion today, 100% battery (last updated 1/11/08). It's normally a low traffic area, but got some high traffic yesterday.

I replaced the batteries. New = 1.55V, Old = 1.44V (all three AAA)

Using settings:
                            off delay 5 min
                            led enabled
                            sensitivity 170
                            wakeup interval 90 min

New batteries cured it; motion, temp, light lvl all good. Battery level value still has not updated (shows 100% from 6 days ago)

Comment

Working...
                            X