Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 and Z Troller - only 2 devices added - Help

Hey All:

I'm having difficulty both getting the HSM100 to create 4 devices, and in getting the motion detection to work. I'm having a very similar problem with the intermatic ca9000 so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong... Fresh batteries, Z troller interface and everything is within 5 feet of each other. Is there something obvious - both to get all 4 devices added for the HSM100 and to see motion for either device

Ken
    Last edited by ksdehoff; December 30, 2007, 03:00 PM.

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm running 2.0.66....did a complete fresh install too (os, everything....)

Comment

Did you push the blue button on the side of the HSM100 to wake it up prior to adding it to the network.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The HSM100 must also be awake when you are syncing the z-troller to HS so HS can poll it to check what it is.
          Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

possible issue with 2.0.66

I've been using HSM100's with 2.0.31, no problems. Applied 2.0.66 and had similar problems. Removed device, re-added, only one device created. Went back to 2.0.31, removed/re-added and got four devices again. I have not re-applied HomeSeerUpdateHT2_2_0_66 to prove it, but I suspect a problem with 2.0.66 and HSM100's.

Comment

That's very odd as i am using .66 with my HSM-100's. Granted i have an issue with one but i think that is possibly a hardware issue which i have a ticket open for. My other one works perfectly with .66

Neil
              Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

No problems for me and the HSM100 and 2.0.66 although the temperature, battery and light are not showing up in the MCE plug-in.
                Last edited by Want2BACustomer; January 11, 2008, 12:27 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

You definitely want to be on 2.2.0.66 or later. There are features that were added with that rev that make the HSM100 work a lot better.
                  I haven't see the problem with all 4 devices not being created in HS. Works fine for me and I've added and deleted a few times trying different things.
                  best thing to do is to be in close range of the Z-Troller when you add and configure it. Then mount it in it's final location and be sure to do a couple of network optimizes and then assign the Association back to HS.

Comment

Ericryherd,
                    Can you explain what you mean by "then assign the Association back to HS" after you place the HS100 in it's final spot and optimize a couple times? Thanks,

Comment

This is an old thread - what version of HS are you running - the lastest non-beta version is 2.3.0.19 - alot has changed since 2.2.0.66 - on the device properties page is an association button where you can set the association of the sensor with HomeSeer or another device - make sure the Sensor is awake.

Comment

Thanks,
                        Running 2.3.0.83 on a hometroller. I read somewhere that when adding an HSM100, it automatically defaults to associating to Homeseer in recent versions.

Comment

Working...
                        X