Log Displays when configuring HSM100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Displays when configuring HSM100

Am curious why when your configurng a HSM100 the only item that gets written to the event logs is the wake-up interval - it would be great if when you changed sensitivity or delay the change were recorded in the log.

It could be done, but it was something that did not seem necessary. The wake-up interval is very important as it regulates how often you will get temp, light, and battery information, and it also affects the battery life. All of the other configuration parameters use the configuration command class with specific parameter numbers and values, so we just did not bother to log those because deciphering the values is done in the web page where you choose the value, but then the value alone is available to the procedure that takes care of setting it. We would have to re-decode the values to display the specifics of the change. We could write a log entry that it was changed if that will help, but I'd rather not log the specific change value in these cases.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

The reason I ask is 1 of the HSM100's I'm using is the old firmware it displays wake-up interval everytime I wake it up to tweek the configuration usually the sensitivity - motion on is set to a minute displays 0 LED is on displays off and sensitivity is now set at 50 but displays 0 this happens about 50% percent of time. Are there variables I can access to write or even speak the values if necessary?

Comment

I don't quite understand the issue, but if I understand properly, then the reason those do not display properly is due to communication issues. Even when the device is awake, it is still subject to regular Z-Wave routing and communication issues, which means that when it goes to load the values for those options and it is having trouble communicating with the device, then it will load bogus values, and that is what you are seeing. You have to wake up the device before you press the button to go to the configuration options page, and communications has to be good. If possible, just remove it from the back part of the case that it may be mounted with, and take the front part near the HomeSeer Z-Wave interface. Press the blue button to wake it up, and now go to the config page and you should be able to view all of the settings (properly) and make any changes needed.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

No Problem - that can be done

Comment

Working...
          X