No announcement yet.

No temperature below 32F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and as the temperature rose today, the front yard (facing the sun) sensor moved above zero degrees. When it did so, it started to display correctly. It presently displays 5.9 f in the sunlight. The backyard sensor, shaded, shows 6552.3 degrees. I have a separate weather channel device in the back yard reading -1.7f.

Comment

Originally posted by jjcrowley1 View Post
      Oh, and as the temperature rose today, the front yard (facing the sun) sensor moved above zero degrees. When it did so, it started to display correctly. It presently displays 5.9 f in the sunlight. The backyard sensor, shaded, shows 6552.3 degrees. I have a separate weather channel device in the back yard reading -1.7f.
      Yea, I would put in a help desk bug report on this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks like a bug in HS. Note that 65507 is ffe3 in hex or -29 (which I assume is -2.9). So I suspect this is a conversion error in HS. It's not realizing that this is a 2s complement number.

Comment

HomeSeer realizes it is a 2's compliment number, but in adding support for values reported with the specified number of bytes, rather than the previously "assumed" values, we shift the bits the appropriate number of positions as we fill a double integer to hold the value, but neglected to look at the sign bit before we shift in the first byte... I will fix it.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X