Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you hook up a power supply to the HSM100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still dont understand why they dont just put a jack on the side so people can plug Friggen power in. Makes no sense that we have to go through all of this. Would cost cents in mass production.

Makes no sense to me.

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with the HSM100. Mostly hate. It doesnt update back to HS nearly as often as the newer multisensor. Battery level is always 82%. Always. 82%.
      The newer Aeon Labs multisensor is much better.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by bpryde View Post
        Still dont understand why they dont just put a jack on the side so people can plug Friggen power in. Makes no sense that we have to go through all of this. Would cost cents in mass production.

Makes no sense to me.
        That part is much better on the Aeotech sensor. It is a mini (not micro) USB, and your old cell phone chargers can find a new use. I'm not sure why this one is laid out in a way that makes it more difficult to have the wire exit discretely. There is not enough room for a wire to connect to the terminal and fit within the case. If the terminal were located to allow the wire to connect into the battery area, there would be a lot more flexibility. Without being powered, the motion detector is not very useful.

What is NOT better on the Aeotech is the accuracy of the thermometer. They all seem to read around 4 degrees high and the relative humidity on the Aeotech (not available on the HML100) is off by even more when polled at 6 min. I've read it is the electronics in the case heating up, but it would be nice if all of these Zwave sensors were more accurate.
        Last edited by Gene Vance; November 13, 2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X