Clarification on HSM operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on HSM operation

I have a couple of HSM100's connected to HSPro trying to setup a demo for a prospective client. I setup the HSM100s to blink the LED when motion is detected (confirmed this twice by checking the device's config setup). When I push the blue button and the HSM100s enter their "maintenance (?)" mode, the LED blinks when motion is detected. After about 10 minutes when the HSM100s exit that mode, the LEDs no longer blink when there is motion ... does not matter if it is 5 minutes or 1 hour afterwards. This is the scenario for both HSM100s and I have them positioned about 12" away from the USB controller.

So, will the LEDs blink when motion is first detected and not during the remainder of it's active period (I have it set for 5 minutes before sending the "Off" command) like an occupancy sensor or is it supposed to blink whenever motion is detected like a motion sensor?

This mode of operation (LED blinking) should be stand-alone (HSM100 dependent) and not related to whether the HSM100 is actively talking to HSPro or not, correct?

Additional info ...

I put one of the HSM100's into "No-Sleep (Always on)" and the other is in the default "Sleep" mode. The HSM100 that is in the No-Sleep mode blinks the LED when motion is detected. The HSM100 that is in Sleep mode does nothing.

Also, for those who may query ... yes, both are associated in group 1 with Homeseer.

Comment

The LED operation is configurable in the device properties. I have all of mine set to Off so they never blink.
      Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

LED in configuration

I have the LEDs "on" so I can monitor the HSM100 status.

Just checked the config again on both of the HSM100s and confirmed that the LEDs are on.

I now have one HSM100 working the way it is supposed to (LED blinks when motion detected and reports to Homeseer as configured) and the other HSM100 is doing whatever it wants (does not respond to motion and reports to Homeseer every 90 minutes even though it is configured for every 6 minutes.

Comment

Sounds like a routing issue. Have you tried to do a network optimization and ensure the HSM100 is awake by selecting the button on the side of the unit? These units do not route but the surrounding units need to know about their presents. Also ensure the batteries are fresh and not rechargeable.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

During "normal" operation, the HSM only transmits (and blinks) when motion is first detected. Then it waits for the "Off Delay" period of no further motion before transmitting again (the "No Motion" message). After that, it will blink when new motion is detected.

This is designed to save the battery life. The "Off Delay" is found within the HomeSeer "Configure" window for that device (click Configure after the blue button has been recently pressed).

Comment

Working...
            X