trouble making event triggered on any hsm100 motion detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble making event triggered on any hsm100 motion detection

I would like to make an event that is fired off whenever ANY of my hsm100's motion status changes (either to on or off)... I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to do it.

my first attempt was to make an event triggered on device status change and set the device to "any" and change the stat us to "changed to any status"... I assume that this would trigger whenever anything changed, but then i figured "ok, i'll just add a bunch of device conditions so that its triggered on any device changed to any status when "motion sensor 1 is changed to any" or "motion sensor 2 is changed to any to an" or "motion sensor 3 is changed to any"...etc... unfortunately it looks like only for the hsm100 motion device you cannot do that, i only have the option for "is or has been status motion" or "no motion"...

has anybody solved this problem? this seems like such a simple thing because my other devices can all be triggered exactly like i need, it looks like homeseer did some extra effort to insure that hsm100's cannot be triggered on "changed to ANY status"

I am afraid i will hear people saying to "download XYZ plugin" or something, but this seems so simple and such an easy thing that we were able to do in the past with x10 (trigger on housecode E any...etc)

I need this because i want to make a remote display that will show me which areas of my house have motion/no motion as well as stuff like temperatures and i need a way to trigger my script to get the data out of homeseer when something changes

This should work as you have it setup. Does this how-to help?
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124890
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there a way to get that example to work without making 10 seperate events for my 10 HSM100's? i am trying to avoid having tons of events that are just copies of each other for different devices...

really what i want to do is trigger on "device status/value change for ANY HSM100 motion detector changing to ANY value"... or at least be able to make a list of devices and trigger on change to any value/status... which i can do by triggering on any device changing to anything and then attatching conditions with the devices i want changing to any, EXCEPT with the HSM100 motion detector devices... even with the HSM100 temperature devices it works, just not with the motion devices, the web GUI has no option for change to any, all there is are options for motion and no motion...

Comment

Originally posted by cgiammarco View Post
        Is there a way to get that example to work without making 10 seperate events for my 10 HSM100's? i am trying to avoid having tons of events that are just copies of each other for different devices.
        If you know how to script your can scipt this but having events per device is what HomeSeer was built to handle so it's not going to hurt anything. You can also create one event and use the copy command to make copies of the first event.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X