HSM100 Not Functioning Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 Not Functioning Properly

I have been reading the forums and trying to get the HSM100 device working properly, however I am at a loss. I am using the HS Pro 2.4.0.1 software and a ZTroller with the latest firmware.

I have added the motion detector, rescanned and optimized it multiple times, the 4 child devices added fine and detects all sensors when first added. The problem is that it does not send the temp/light data every 60 minutes as configured.

Once the detector goes into sleep mode, walking by the sensor does not cause the LED to light up and the sensor always states "Motion". Temp is read if I wake the sensor up by tapping the side button. I have also tried the method mentioned of waking the unit, configuring it, then pressing the side button again to no avail.

Off Delay: 10
    Led Enabled: LED On
    Sensitivity: 200
    Device Activation State: On
    Sleep State: Sleeps (Normal)
    Wake Up Interval: 60

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have fresh batteries in the unit?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thank you for the recommendation.

I removed the device(s), replaced the batteries then rescanned the ZTroller (firmware 1.12). The 4 sub-devices were added as well as the primary.

I then opened the parent device, configured the device and set the wakeup to 60 min, then rescanned the device, and optimized the device 3 times.

Attached is a screen shot of the devices and the log.

Still not reporting on motion nor hourly....

Links to full size images.

Attached Files
      Last edited by ; January 16, 2010, 12:08 AM. Reason: Adding links

Comment

Rupp,

Thank you for the recommendation.

I removed the device(s), replaced the batteries then rescanned the ZTroller (firmware 1.12). The 4 sub-devices were added as well as the primary.

I then opened the parent device, configured the device and set the wakeup to 60 min, then rescanned the device, and optimized the device 3 times.

Attached is a screen shot of the devices and the log.

Still not reporting on motion nor hourly....

Images can be found:

http://www.mediafire.com/?meyminojdfq
        http://www.mediafire.com/?ezygzdqgzzy

Comment

If there is no change in light or temp values.. the times in homeseer will not update because nothing has changed. One thing you can do is under the root device.. check the box that says "Query HSM100 Light and Temp when Motion" to at least see if they update when there is motion...

-Tom-
          -Tom-

Comment

Tom,
            I changed the setting on the main device, and it updated immediately after i made that change, however it has not updated since.

I am going to try another HSM100 device and see if it has the same problem. Perhaps the unit is the problem, or maybe my ZTroller... time to start he debugging.

-Chuck

Comment

As an update, the unit does seem to blink when you walk by and it flashes the device code on the ZTroller when I walk by, however none of the sensors are updating.

Comment

Is the motion sensor associated with HomeSeer?

Comment

Like by going to the root sensor device, then "Associations..."? I just went there and there are no associations, when I tried to add an association with "HomeSeer" it said "Error - To add an association, a group number is required. Make sure your device supports association groups."

Comment

After some searching the forum I performed the following:

1) Removed All Devices
                    2) Reset ZTroller
                    3) Added HSM100
                    4) Imported device from ZTroller
                    5) Verified the association with the root device
                    6) Rescanned the root device, then configured options

Lets see if it works this time. I think #1,2 are not necessary, just readding the single device until the association is established. We will see... thank you for the assistance.

Comment

Number 5 is required to get updates in HomeSeer.

Comment

Doesn't look like it is working, the association exists, however it can only be seen when the HSM100 is "awake".

Comment

**fixed**

I guess a key point I did not mention is that the ZTroller is connected to a HSLS100 serial -> ethernet for the ZTroller. In order to correct the problem I downloaded the manager software for the HSLS100 for the SENA website, HOST - Inactivity timeout (s) - 0 (unlimited); HOST - Cyclical Connection Interval - Disable; SERIAL - Inter-character timeout [ms] - 0

The device is now updating on motion and on interval.

If you are having issues with the HSM100 and are using a ZTroller + HSLS100 combo to control ZWave, this fix may help you.

Credit goes to rhodesep from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=889380

Comment

Working...
                          X