Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSM100 not updating motion. Temp, Light and battery works great - Fixed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that's what's needed then they won't work in my setup. I hope I can get full refund if that's the case. I would have expected more for $74.

Comment

hsm100

Same here :/
      And what's worse is that it is pretty much the best sensor I have come across as of today ! Sensor wise of course, power supplies are in deed a major downer...

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Adidas4275 View Post
        I have changed the no motion to 0,1,2,3 and set it always on...

I cannot get it to up date to no motion.... i have new batteries and I have changed the batteries..

I have removed the node and readded it.... i have optimized the not 3 or 4 time and it only reports motion..
        I don't have any HSM100s yet, but I noticed this in the troubleshooting section of the OEM installation manual:

Problem: Motion is always detected even when there is no one in the room
        Solution: Lower the Sensitivity Configuration parameter. Note that setting the Sensitivity Configuration parameter above the default of 200 may cause motion to be continuously when EZMotion is battery operated. If EZMotion is operated from an external power supply and the Stay Awake Configuration Parameter is set to a nonzero value, then the Sensitivity can be set above 200.
        See troubleshooting on page 9.
        http://www.expresscontrols.com/pdf/E...wnerManual.pdf

Could this be the issue?

Don

Comment

after tinkering with the device for a little while and rescanning it I have had it working for about a month or so without issue

Comment

Just received my first HSM100 & motion detection does not work

Temp, battery and light intensity work fine but motion indicates it has never been set and I cannot get it to update. I have read all the info I can find, but there does not seem to be a consistent procedure for fixing the problem. Can you post the latest summary of what action I should take to fix this issue?

Thanks

Comment

I just started having a problem where the hsm-100 is never reporting no motion. It was working for a little more than a month, then a few days ago I noticed the garage light I have controlled by the motion sensor never turns off, and the status of the motion detector never changes from 'motion'. I do have the sensitivity set above 200, but it's was working fine like that for a month at least. Any ideas appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
                I just started having a problem where the hsm-100 is never reporting no motion. It was working for a little more than a month, then a few days ago I noticed the garage light I have controlled by the motion sensor never turns off, and the status of the motion detector never changes from 'motion'. I do have the sensitivity set above 200, but it's was working fine like that for a month at least. Any ideas appreciated.
                Did you try new batteries, these devices do not report battery level correctly so they may need to be replaced.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Did you try new batteries, these devices do not report battery level correctly so they may need to be replaced.
                  I replaced the batteries last night, and when I got home today I did notice that it correctly reported no motion shortly after leaving the garage. So hopefully that was it.

I was wondering why the batteries seemed to never go down

Comment

Working...
                  X