Trouble with light level in conditions with ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with light level in conditions with ranges

I am trying to setup a script to send me an email at 11pm if I have left the light in my office on. I have broken this into two scripts, a time based script that triggers the light level test.

The light level test is a manual script with conditions. I have a device condition on the HSM100 light sensor value. The problem is the script always runs the event regardless of the light level... i.e. (Office HSM Luminance value is in the range 7000...10000). This is true if the sensor is returning 0, 3000 (i.e. 30%), or (10000) 100%.

Is there a trick to formatting the range parameter? I have tried 70...100, 7000...100000, 70:100, 7000:10000 nothing seems to work correctly.

I am testing by clicking the run button (I have tried on the light test script and on the time script) and it seems to always perform the action.

Thanks

If you click the "Run" button, an event will run regardless of any conditions set for it.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Do events run ignoring conditions even if it is chained from another event?

I was wondering the best way to test my event then. Will it always run the action in a chained event?

Comment

If you want to test your manual conditions, the best way would be to create a Test event which calls the first to run with conditions in it's actions.

See "The Manual with Conditions Trigger" in the help file.

Comment

Thanks!

That pesky check conditions checkbox... I read about it, but I ended up checking a different box elsewhere that I thought was that box.

Newbie error.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

No prob.
            Sometimes, the most obvious things are the most obscure.

Comment

Working...
            X