Controlling with Luminance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling with Luminance

The luminance setting is definately not working properly on this sensor. The light comes on even though i've set the condition at 0...3000.

When I set the ascociation with the motion detector, is it the switch I ascociate, Homeseer or both. This is the only place I can see to look for answers.

<<When I set the ascociation with the motion detector, is it the switch I ascociate, Homeseer or both>>

The only association I have is from the HSM100 root device to HomeSeer.

How often is your HSM100 luminescence reporting from the HSM100 to HomeSeer?

When the event runs, the condition is based on the HSM100 luminescence child. The key is, what value is in the luminescence child when the event runs?

If the HSM100 has a very long wake up interval e.g. 1440 minutes, the only battery and luminescence values that are available are when the HSM100 wakes up to report motion.

As I understand it, when the HSM100 wakes up to report motion, Homeseer then queries the HSM100 for the battery and luminescence values _after_ the motion has already been reported.

This possible timing window could result in the event condition operating on the previous value of luminescence.

To overcome this, I have my HSM100 wakeup and report every 60 minutes. Faster reporting will reduce the battery life somewhat (though apparently motion detection is actually the big consumer of battery life).

The attached jpgs show the event configuration and some current values.

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try this, although some ofyour screen shots are not familiar. I will have to look a litlle deeper into the program to see if I can match it up.

Comment

Working...
      X