Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsm100 behaviour

Hello.

I have installed about 10 Hsm100 in my house because the usage seem to be very easy and useful.
    Everywhere (first of all in this forum!) i have read Hsm100 send an 'ON' command when it detect a motion. Then, when a motion is non detected FOR THE PERIOD YOU HAVE SET, it sends an 'Off' command.

Well, it is not so.
    This 'High-cost' motion detector, only sends an 'On' command when detects motion, and then an 'Off' command when the time you have set has gone after the detecting......

............very FUNNY THING.....

But the best thing is that when the Hsm100 sends the 'Off' command, it goes sleep, even if it is set to 'Always On' mode...... and this sleeps for about 1 minute or 2 (every sensor has a different behaviour!!!).

The result is that if you are in a room, when you enter the room, the Hsm100 turns On the light, then, after the time you have set, it turns Off the light even if you are running into the room......
    Well, at this point, Hsm100 goes sleep EVEN IF IT IS SET TO 'ALWAYS ON'...... you can run and run as you want, but he is sleeping, so he doesn't see any motion.
    After some minutes (some of the mine Hsm100 do it in a minute, some other in 2 minutes and some other in about 5 minutes) Hsm100 looks at the room.......
    Then, if you are still alive, Hsm100 see motion and the routine begin again.

............well......... i realized Hsm100 is a 'Fake' because it does not responds to the description i have had when i purchased it (.....them...... 20 units!!!!!!).

Has someone been able to use it in an acceptable way?

How????

I am quite sure no reply, because i am sure NO WAY to use Hsm100!
    I hope i am wrong, but i don't think so........

Mine work fine. I've even walked back into a room while the light the HSM100 controls is dimming to off, and it reverses and brightens.

Comment

Originally posted by JimCirillo View Post
      Mine work fine. I've even walked back into a room while the light the HSM100 controls is dimming to off, and it reverses and brightens.
      Same here... works fine for me too.

You could set the HSM100 off time to default, 1 minute and use a HS event to turn off the light after the sensor has been off for at least x minutes. This way if you move during the x minutes the event timer will be reset. This seems to add a little reliability to this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HiTech View Post
        Same here... works fine for me too.

You could set the HSM100 off time to default, 1 minute and use a HS event to turn off the light after the sensor has been off for at least x minutes. This way if you move during the x minutes the event timer will be reset. This seems to add a little reliability to this situation.
        This is the result:

-Motion detected/light on
        -1m:20s, sensor goes down
        -Start the timer. It must be over 1 minutes, because during about 1 minute, the hsm100, bliks but does not report motion. Timer setted to 1m 10s.

1m:20s --->1m ---->10s

So, only during the last 10seconds the multisensor 'checks' motion.
        It is not a good way to use it.

Comment

Working...
        X