HSM-100 Only Reports motion sometimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM-100 Only Reports motion sometimes?

I have a bunch HSM-100s and, until recently, all were working OK. Unfortunately a few days one of my units stopped reporting motion but was still updating temp and luminance every half hour as scheduled.

I suspected it may have been low batteries despite it showing 91% so I changed them.

I then pressed the blue inclusion/wake up button in order to check the configuration and everything appears OK. It is also associated with Group 1 (Homeseer).

The light on the unit shows that it's detecting motion while awake but it's not updating the status in homeseer.

I have removed and re-added the node to no avail. I have optimized, rescanned, done a rain dance, also to no avail.

2 days have passed and I've seen it update motion randomly but at odd hours (like 4am when I know nobody was up) and then nothing again for 12 hours despite this being a busy area.

I've played with the sensitivity from 180 to 240 as I've seen posts stating that anything over 200 sometimes forces the unit to always display motion.

Could someone please shed some light on this for me? Does anyone know what the warranty is on these?

Cheers!

What version of HomeSeer are you running? What is Off Command(1st parameter) set to?

Comment

Kalddon, I'm using beta .66 and the off command is set to 10 mins.

Cheers!

Comment

Have you tried to wake up the sensor and then do a rescan of the device from HomeSeer?
        Did you move the device when you re-added it to HS?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, after 4 days it is now updating accordingly. It's almost as though they don't like the voltage ouput of new batteries as all of the hsm's take a few hours to start showing motion after a battery swap. This is the first time that it's take more than a day though.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Ok i take it back, it stopped working again. It's been workin perfectly all day but stopped reporting motion about 20 mins again.

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
              Ok i take it back, it stopped working again. It's been workin perfectly all day but stopped reporting motion about 20 mins again.
              Any errors in the HomeSeer log file? This sounds like a communications issue where the device may be our of range or right on the fringe.

Comment

Unfortunately there are no errors in the log. Also, this hsm is less than 8 feet away from two routing nodes.

This whole home automation thing is really beginning to drive me nuts

Thx Rupp

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
                  Unfortunately there are no errors in the log. Also, this hsm is less than 8 feet away from two routing nodes.

This whole home automation thing is really beginning to drive me nuts

Thx Rupp
                  Once you put in new batteries did you wake up the unit and optimize 4 times?

Comment

I think i broke the optimization button I did it so many times. I just noticed something weird in the logs though and this may be part of the issue. Rick recently added logging of zwave frame alignment and said that it's not an issue when seen, BUT, this error is only shown after this particular sensor sends temperature. As i have this hsm send temp and light with motion, and it does this BEFORE sending motion, I wonder if it's messing up zwave communication.

I post this info in the bet thread as well.

Thx rupp

Comment

My HSM100 just started acting funny the last few days but I particularly noticed last night, all night, many times after the sensor went back to sleep it immediately woke back up and sent me an email for motion. I have an event for motion while my door is locked.

I'm using pro version 2.4.0.66. The sensor has never been moved from its current location and has worked for a year now with no problems. Plenty of nodes in the area for communication and has an excellent neighbor status. Batteries are good and I woke up the sensor and re-scanned and optimized it.
                      There is nothing in the log to indicate a problem. It seems random but sometimes can happen repeatedly in a row after the sensor sleeps.

Comment

Working...
                      X