No announcement yet.

HSM100 - Firmware Update Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad I only bought one of these. On a good day, it reports light level -- no temp or motion. On a bad day, it is completely silent.

Spending $25 to upgrade firmware with no guarantee of an outcome is absurd.

Comment

I have 3 HSM100s tied to motion events to turn lights on; these have been in place for >18 months and work fine. In my configurations, battery level, temperature and light are reported once every 24 hours. The periodic wake-ups and transmissions all incrementally reduce battery life.

I did have one issue with an HSM100, while it worked Ok, the electronics did not go to sleep correctly. This resulted in very short battery life, on the order of 3 months. The HSM100s are notoriously inaccurate in their reporting of battery level; perhaps a fresh set of batteries would show if the HSM100s are functioning, at least with new batteries.

What configuration did you use in the HSM100s? How far are they from the nearest powered Z-Wave node?

Comment

What version of the firmware are you running? Here is the the typical configuration for the HSM100 Sensor in the network. Wake-up interval at 6 minutes results in a battery life of 10 to 12 weeks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mhilbush View Post
          I'm glad I only bought one of these. On a good day, it reports light level -- no temp or motion. On a bad day, it is completely silent.

Spending $25 to upgrade firmware with no guarantee of an outcome is absurd.
          Did you check the HomeSeer Associations? If you wake up the sensor and do a rescan what does it look like? Did you optimize the sensor?

Comment

I have 2 HSM-100's

one of them works fine and it's Lib 2.30 app 1.7

the other doesn't report any motion and is just stuck on motion "never set" its

Lib 2.40 app: 1.6

Would updating firmware fix this? I have tried Everything else to no use.
            jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I don't think so, I have an HSM indicated as Lib 2.40 App 1.1 and it works fine.

A few questions:

What version of HS are you running?
              Did this device ever work?
              What is the HSM configuration?
              Do you have 5 HS devices (root/battery/motion/light/temperature)?
              Are the battery/light/temperature updating?
              Have you deleted it completely from HS and re-added it?

Mark

Comment

HS 2.5.0.20
                used to work a while back haven't used it for a while but put in fresh batteries
                I have all 5 devices
                light and temp updating
                I deleted and re added it several times

here is part of the log

12/5/2011 7:58:21 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 13 version: Lib: 2.40 App: 1.6
                12/5/2011 7:58:21 AM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 13...
                12/5/2011 7:58:21 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Root Device 13 (Node 13) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_INSTANCE, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_NODE_NAMING, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                12/5/2011 7:58:21 AM Z-Wave Contacting node 13 to get supported features
                12/5/2011 7:58:21 AM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 13 **********
                12/5/2011 7:54:52 AM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Child 13 Temperature Inst 3 value set to 79.7 (7970/F)
                12/5/2011 7:54:51 AM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Child 13 Luminance Inst 2 value set to 4 (400/%)
                12/5/2011 7:54:44 AM RFXCOM (HSEvent) called for device:T13 Changed from:51 to:52
                12/5/2011 7:48:49 AM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Child 13 Temperature Inst 3 value set to 79.4 (7940/F)
                12/5/2011 7:46:30 AM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 13 **********
                12/5/2011 7:46:29 AM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Root Device 13 to 0 hours and 6 minutes.
                12/5/2011 7:46:29 AM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Root Device 13 (13) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                12/5/2011 7:46:29 AM Z-Wave Node 13 (Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Root Device 13) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
                12/5/2011 7:46:28 AM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 13 ==========
                12/5/2011 7:46:28 AM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Root Device 13 to 0 hours and 6 minutes.
                12/5/2011 7:46:28 AM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Root Device 13 (13) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.

it just never sets any motion
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

What are the configuration values in the HSM100 as seen in the root device? e.g. LED On/Off, Sensitivity, HS Association?

When you replaced the batteries, does the LED flicker when there is motion (at least until it goes to sleep)?

Did you re-optimize from the root device display after replacing the batteries?

Mark

Comment

1) attached is the config screen

2) the LED flickers all the time, in fact I don't think it is going to sleep at all and I can always just bring up the config page even though I haven't pushed the blue button ( which doesn't happen with my other HSM-100) so I think the problem is that it doesn't get out of config mode

3) I reoptimized numerous times.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jjsmd; December 6, 2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: forgot bmp
                    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

<<the LED flickers all the time, in fact I don't think it is going to sleep at all and I can always just bring up the config page even though I haven't pushed the blue button ( which doesn't happen with my other HSM-100) so I think the problem is that it doesn't get out of config mode>>

If you can re-scan the HSM100 without pressing the blue button it certainly seems as if it is never going to sleep.

Could the blue button be stuck on? Can you feel it definitely click on then off? If you open up the HSM100 and take out the battery, perhaps you could get a meter on the blue button and see if its stuck.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X