Failed to install HSM100 with HomeSeer Pro v2.5.0.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to install HSM100 with HomeSeer Pro v2.5.0.20

I installed HomeSeer Pro v2.5.0.20 (30 days trial). I plugged in ControlThink and set the "SmartStick or WDUSB-10" interface.

I managed to make the HomeSeer to discover the HSM100 multi-sensor (this is the log of the Add Node operation):
    Please wait...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Querying the node for its capabilities and creating device(s) in HomeSeer...

Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...

Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    The Z-Wave network has 1 nodes.
    Found node 3. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
    Failed to get basic node information from new node 3, cannot continue to load this node.

Finished with Replication process.
    Saving network information to file: sample 20110717-2148.ZWave. Please wait... Done!

The problem is that HomeSeer did not create the devices (the list under the Status tab is empty).

I could not even Input Devices manually:
    GUI output:
    Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface... Done.
    Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
    The Z-Wave network has 3 nodes.
    Found node 2. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
    Failed to get basic node information from new node 2, cannot continue to load this node.
    Failed to get basic node information from new node 3, cannot continue to load this node.
    Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

Log:
    7/24/2011 9:19:07 PM ~!~Warning~!~Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 0 waited 6 seconds
    7/24/2011 9:19:13 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for a controller command before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    7/24/2011 9:19:17 PM ~!~Warning~!~In Z-Wave init(A), no response getting initialization information.
    7/24/2011 9:19:18 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Getting Z-Wave node list...
    7/24/2011 9:19:18 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Found 3 Z-Wave nodes
    7/24/2011 9:19:18 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    7/24/2011 9:19:19 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for transmission to node 2 before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    7/24/2011 9:19:23 PM ~!~Warning~!~Unable to send a NULL command to Z-Wave device 2
    7/24/2011 9:19:23 PM ~!~Z-Wave Warning~!~The new node (2) is not a listening device, or it is currently not responding. If this is a listening type device and it is not a generic controller, please make sure it is awake before trying Import/Rescan again.
    7/24/2011 9:19:29 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for transmission to node 3 before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    7/24/2011 9:19:33 PM ~!~Warning~!~Unable to send a NULL command to Z-Wave device 3
    7/24/2011 9:19:33 PM ~!~Z-Wave Warning~!~The new node (3) is not a listening device, or it is currently not responding. If this is a listening type device and it is not a generic controller, please make sure it is awake before trying Import/Rescan again.

So now I am a bit stuck. It seems that HomeSeer could detect the devices, but did not create new entries in the Device List (under Status), and I cannot receive measurement data from the sensor.

Bring the sensor to where the computer is. Wake up the HSM100 Sensor by pushing the blue button on the side Then under Setup - Interfaces - Manage - Import Devices. Should add correctly should get Root Device and 4 Child Devices - put Sensor back where you want it - Please blue button again - Optimize from Modify Device page of the Root Device

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer! This is what I tried to do first, when I followed the official installation steps. After I failed to register the device with HomeSeer, I started to experience with it. The results of the experiences is my original post.

But let's get back to the official installation steps (what you also proposed to follow):
      1. I brought the device near to the USB stick.
      2. As the led on the device did not blink, I pressed the blue button. It started blinking.
      3. I pressed the 'Import Devices' button. The output was the following:
      Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface... Done.
      Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
      No nodes were found in the Z-Wave interface.
      Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

The corresponding log contents:
      7/25/2011 10:30:47 PM - Z-Wave - Getting Z-Wave node list...
      7/25/2011 10:30:47 PM - Z-Wave - Found 0 nodes

4. The device is still blinking...

When, instead of 'Inout Devices', I used 'Add Node' I got the following output:
      Please wait...
      Done. Querying the node for its capabilities and creating device(s) in HomeSeer...

Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...

Saving network information to file: sample 20110725-2248.ZWave. Please wait... Done!

And the blinking also stopped. However, no new devices appeared under 'Status'...

Comment

Did you wake up the motion sensor before choosing the add node option?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

It was blinking before I pressed the 'Add node' button. Then HomeSeer started to poll the sensor and blocked at a point. I pressed the blue button on the sensor, which stopped blinking afterwards and HomeSeer continued. The full printout is the following:
          Please wait...

Saving network information to file: sample 20110725-2248.ZWave. Please wait... Done!

Comment

Working...
          X