How to do C rather than F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do C rather than F?

Anyone found a neat way to amend the HSM100 so that its temperature part registers its device string and values in Celsius rather than Fahrenheit?

Simon

One way would be to create a new virtual device for C. Create an event that triggers on Device Value Change. Make the event action a scripting statement that calcs the 5/9*(F-32) and make the the device value of the new logical C device using hs.DeviceValue.
    Paul

Comment

I like the idea.

The one thing then missing would be the nice icons which the physical device uses (a thermometer picture with the value).

I assume those come from an internal store in the device. Anyone come across a soft copy which looks similar?

Comment

Here are some numeric icons.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=112734
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by simonog View Post
          I like the idea.

The one thing then missing would be the nice icons which the physical device uses (a thermometer picture with the value).

I assume those come from an internal store in the device. Anyone come across a soft copy which looks similar?
          That's one I don't know; however I believe it is achievable. The icon has to be on your system somewhere and provided by the HS server. Hopefully someone will enlighten us
          Paul

Comment

Comment

The only other thing may be that the device returns temperature in decimals in a integer by multiplying by 10 or 100, that should be noticeable and divided out in the great example from Mr Happy

If fractional degree changes are beign returned, you might want to not allow the event to retrigger for x minutes so that fractional changes of temperature don't beat HS to death for a change that doesn't appear to help.
              Paul

Comment

Good catch - it returns the temperature in 100ths.

There shouldn't be a need to suppress retriggers as the HSM is clever enough to be configured from HS to send its temperature reading every n minutes so i just set n to say 6

Comment

Originally posted by simonog View Post
                  Good catch - it returns the temperature in 100ths.

There shouldn't be a need to suppress retriggers as the HSM is clever enough to be configured from HS to send its temperature reading every n minutes so i just set n to say 6
                  Great, glad its working. The fraction of a degree has me scratchign my head as to functionality... e.g, A gnat fart event is not on the top of my things to implement
                  Paul

Comment

Thank you to everyone for great and quick help on this. I'm busy learning about z-wave, and I now have enormous sympathy with the HS folks as they have fought their way valiantly to a running setup.

Simon

Comment

I have several HSM-100s and am in Canada. All one must do is add "HSM100FORMAT = C" to the Settings.ini in HS' directory.

M

Comment

How to set HSM100 for C or F Generically

I discover that if I put HSM100FORMAT in it has to be in the [settings] section of the settings.ini file, and with NO space around the = sign.

There is, however, a more generic way to accomplish this without touching the ini file.

From the HS UI select Tools - Setup - and then on the General tab, the first tab, scroll down to find Temperature Scale and just set it to Celsius.

the HSM100s will all switch reading to C.

Thank you to the HS developers!

Simon
                        Last edited by simonog; September 20, 2011, 10:03 AM. Reason: Amended for more general method

Comment

Working...
                        X