X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HSM100-S2 with internal tap for AC Adapter

Has anyone tried the new HSM100-S2?

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...sor-P1189.aspx

The description says "New S2 unit includes internal tap for AC adapter (adapter not included)".

If you click on "More Images", there seems to be the blue tap for external power. What's not clear to me is how would one connect an external AC adapter to it. Is there a hole/terminal in the case to plug an AC adapter for it? What kind of off-the-shelf adapter can be used for it (I've seen old threads where folks have done the AC connection manually, but wondering if there's any particular AC adapter that's actually been proven to work for the new HSM100-S2.

Thanks.

Very nice! I suspect you would just cut the leads off the AC adapter and just drill a hole in the back to route the wires.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Very nice! I suspect you would just cut the leads off the AC adapter and just drill a hole in the back to route the wires.
      That's what I was thinking (otherwise they probably would've included a picture of a pre-drilled hole). If so, more research in older forum threads in what adapters to use and figuring out proper polarity...

Comment

I have had one running for a couple weeks now in my garage. I purchased the adatper from FRYS. It was an adjustible type that went down to 3 volts, but it reads a little over 5v on the meter. So far no issue. I used a meter to verify the polarity of the terminal with the batteries in. You can drill the hole based on where or how you will mount it. I tied a knot in the lead just inside the case to prevent it from pulling out. It's a very quick process. The adapter was about 8 bucks.

Comment

Thanks for the info. If you click on the link in the original post and click on "More Images", do you recall the polarities of the terminals? Also, did you also use a meter to figure out polarity of adapter?

Would've been nice to have a pre-drilled hole with an optional adapter to purchase fro HomeSeer! Maybe version 3....

Comment

Working...
          X