Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HSM100 Wrong Battery Level With New Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSM100 Wrong Battery Level With New Batteries

First I want to say that my HSM100's have been working great. Not killing batteries and doing what they are supposed to. I have 10 that I just purchased a couple weeks ago and all has been good. I have 1 HSM100 though that reports 63% battery with new batteries in it. It does seem to be functioning properly for the moment. Is there a way to calibrate it or anything or is it bad?

Just to report... it continues to function properly but still reports 62/63 battery level. Is there a way I can put in some kind of an offset or something to add 37 to battery level when it reports? Since it is working fine for a couple of weeks and battery level has stayed same, I have to think it is just off. I am not sure it is worth returning for that as long as device works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper76Man View Post
      Just to report... it continues to function properly but still reports 62/63 battery level. Is there a way I can put in some kind of an offset or something to add 37 to battery level when it reports? Since it is working fine for a couple of weeks and battery level has stayed same, I have to think it is just off. I am not sure it is worth returning for that as long as device works fine.

My HSM100 reads 100% untill its almost dead, then changes to around 87%. Last set of batteries lasted 3 months and did 24000 transmissions, not counting the daily battery report.

Comment

The Z-Wave code that reports the battery level in these devices is very weak and tends to not be all that reliable. Newer versions have gotten a tiny bit better but there is still room for improvement.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlaroux View Post
          My HSM100 reads 100% untill its almost dead, then changes to around 87%. Last set of batteries lasted 3 months and did 24000 transmissions, not counting the daily battery report.
          John,

How are you counting transmissions? I think I would like to do this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper76Man View Post
            John,

How are you counting transmissions? I think I would like to do this also.
            Im not using Homeseer software. I just lurk in here for information that would be helpful to me and because of my interest in home automation.

Comment

Working...
            X