Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a free standing sensor control a thermostat

can I use a
    HomeSeer HSM100-S2 Z-Wave Multi-Sensor </store/HomeSeer-HSM100-S2-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor-P1189C57.aspx>

to override the set point of my

2GIG ZStat CT30 Z-Wave Thermostat <2GIG-ZStat-CT30-Z-Wave-Thermostat-P971.aspx>

so that the thermostat is driven by the sensor temperature, not its own reading?

You can create event triggers based on temps from the hsm100 simular to the way you do it with the stat. The stat can be told to do pretty much anything with an event. What's controlling your setpoint that you want to override?

Comment

Thermostat set point conflicting with the sensor SOLVED

Thank you. Absolutely. Great question. The problem I was having was that thermostat temperature set point was conflicting with and overriding the sensor triggered event. My correction is to set the thermostat set point very high when cooling will be needed and very low when heating is required. That way the thermostat never hits its set point. And it does not trigger. It does respond of course to sensor triggers and the event. So far. It appears to work.
      The sensor and thermostat are in different environments with temperatures that changu independently Kevin

Comment

Problem not solved thermostat set point: overriding event

My Sig2G is in a different location than the HMS 100 temperature sensor which I want to control it. I want the thermostat to respond to temperature changes detected by the sensor only-to ignore its own temperature reading. My event is triggered when the sensor detects a temperature greater than 72. The action sets the mode to cool and the fan to on and I do not know what to ddo with the set point.
        If I do not set it the thermostat chooses its prior setting; ignoring the event action.. If I set it way high the thermostat seems to detect is its own temperature is lower of course and shuts off the AC.
        How do I prevent the thermostat from use in its own set point to override the sensor driven actions

Comment

From your posts, it seem you may have the definition of setpoint confused. It's simply the temp you want to unit to cool or heat to. If you want the ac to keep a certain temp - thats the setpoint. There is a differential you ca adjust. I believe the default is 1 degree. Meaning that the stat waits until it goes 1 degree beyond the setpoint before it opens the circuit. The same goes for turning on. In my experiences with the Ct30, once homeseer changes the setpoint it will stay there until you send another command or someone changes it manualy. Does your stat show the setpoint you had homeseer command?

Comment

detailed settings on thermostat event using HSM100

Originally posted by Mssoll View Post
            From your posts, it seem you may have the definition of setpoint confused. It's simply the temp you want to unit to cool or heat to. If you want the ac to keep a certain temp - thats the setpoint. There is a differential you ca adjust. I believe the default is 1 degree. Meaning that the stat waits until it goes 1 degree beyond the setpoint before it opens the circuit. The same goes for turning on. In my experiences with the Ct30, once homeseer changes the setpoint it will stay there until you send another command or someone changes it manualy. Does your stat show the setpoint you had homeseer command?
            Hi. Found this post and hoping to reignite it. I have the TZ-45 thermostat and want the hsm100 to trigger. Am I understanding I need two events to both turn on the AC as well turn off? I'm trying to figure this out and hoping one of you can address what setting I should have to simply have a 78f setpoint for cooling and auto fan. When the setpoint is reached I want the system to go off. I am also unsure if this event overrides the existing thermostat functions or if something should be done there. Here are the settings:

Select an option from the Triggers Below:
            Mode:

Mode(Operating):

Fan:

Fan(Operating):

Setpoint:

Temperature:

Thank you!

Comment

HMS 100 is crappy device

Please be aware that HMS is extremely unreliable device.
              I made the mistake to buy 10 of those and use 6 of them to control my 6 zones HVAC. The rest I'm using for motion detection. They are extremely unreliable and unpredictable. I took 3 of them off the zWave network in an attempt to improve reliability. Guess what. Can't get them back on. The behavior does not match what is described in the 2 pages documentation. I'm looking to switch to more reliable solution.
              Also for thermostat operations you will need to "read" the temperature relatively often. Say once in 15 min. interval. This will kill the battery and you will need to change batteries every 3 mo. or so. This is in addition to the problems mentioned above.

RI2

Comment

Working...
              X