New HSM 100 acting up after 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HSM 100 acting up after 2 weeks

I have 3 HSM100 sensor, two work just fine.

I recently purchased the 3rd and it seems to work fine for about 2 weeks, and then stops going to sleep (LED flashes for every motion detected) and it stops sending updates to Homeseer.

After about 2 weeks the battery levels are down to around 85%. Fresh batteries fix the problem.

Settings:

Off Delay: 90mins
    LED: ON
    Sensitivity: 200
    Sleep state: Sleep (Normal)
    Periodic updates: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Firmware: 3.34 (ZDK Version 4.53) App: 2.1

Anyone seen this behavior before?

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post

I recently purchased the 3rd and it seems to work fine for about 2 weeks, and then stops going to sleep (LED flashes for every motion detected) and it stops sending updates to Homeseer.

After about 2 weeks the battery levels are down to around 85%. Fresh batteries fix the problem.

Settings:

I have 4 of these sensors and ALL four stopped working after a few weeks to a few months in the same way as you describe: stop reporting, battery levels falling fastly and then nothing anymore.

Comment

The only fix I have found is to power them with an AC adapter.

Has any tried the new Aeon Labs sensors?

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Aeon...-P1325C57.aspx

I'd be interested to hear if they work any better on batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post

Settings:

An off delay set this high will eat the batteries very quickly.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          An off delay set this high will eat the batteries very quickly.
          Why would a high off delay increase battery usage? During that 1.5hrs the sensor doesn't have to transmit any motion updates. I'd think that the low "periodic updates" value of 1.5 hours would be more of a battery drainer since it has to wake up every 1.5 hours to transmit updates about the ancillary sensors (light, temp, battery). The usefulness of long sensor life outweighs the usefulness of light and temp values in my application so I have all my HSM's set to to periodic update interval of 4 hours (the max allowed on newer sensors) and I have the query-on-motion setting turned off completely.

I will note that having just purchased a series 2 HSM sensor, it's not nearly as stable as the series 1 sensors have been for me. I've had my new series 2 sensor eat through 2 sets of batteries in 3 weeks already even with the settings mentioned above. I'm beginning to believe though that I may just have a bad sensor 'cause it's doing other weird things like creating two "motion detector" child devices when it's added to the network or rescanned (yeah I deleted and added several times). I've got a ticket open on that...perhaps if it turns out to be a hardware issue all my battery draining issues and multi-child issues will be resolved.

P.S. I do also have a new Aon labs sensor sitting right here on my desk, but I haven't actually installed it and started playing with it yet. I'll update this post with updates once I've played with that sensor and/or once my HSM100 issues have been resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X