HSM100 stuck in "motion" for weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSM100 stuck in "motion" for weeks

I've tried everything - replacing batteries, taking batteries out for a day, cleaning the sensors - nothing works.

I have 10 of these around my house, and two of them keep acting up like this. One of them I just need to replace the batteries (it chews them up in minutes when it gets into this state). The other one stays stuck on "motion".

The other 8 have had no issues at all.

Any ideas on how to fix this? They're sort of expensive to have a seemingly 20% failure rate

Thanks in advance for any help!

What revision are the failing ones? And what rev are the ones that work?

Comment

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
      I've tried everything - replacing batteries, taking batteries out for a day, cleaning the sensors - nothing works.

.... The other one stays stuck on "motion".

The other 8 have had no issues at all.

Any ideas on how to fix this? They're sort of expensive to have a seemingly 20% failure rate

Thanks in advance for any help!
      Just got one of these and I have the same problem: Stuck in "motion." I'm going to return it to Homeseer.

Comment

I have 5 of these sensors and they have been a pain in the *** from day one. They are utterly unreliable and I have the problem that has bee reported several places. They just stop reporting and most often it is the motion.
        There is a further issue: I have some of them on external power. On external power it should be ok to put them in constant wake mode. If I do this the reporting of motion stops to work.

I do not know if these problems are due to the interface between them and HS Pro or som bug in the firmware. But they are sold through HS so I hink it should be expected that they sort out these issues. They have bee reported back to 2011 and still seems to be there.

Edit: Firmware version 1.6 on all

Comment

Working...
        X