Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSM100 S3 Luminance Value 11451% - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 S3 Luminance Value 11451% - Solved!

I just received four HSM100 sensors from the sale.

Two of them are reporting Luminance correctly, as a percentage between 0% and 100%. Firmware 3.40 (ZDK Version 4.54) App: 3.4

Two of them are reporting luminance as a number similar to: ? 11451%. Firmware 3.52 (Unknown ZDK Version) App: 3.5

Homeseer version is Pro 2.5.0.80

I've deleted and re-added the ones reporting 11451% a few times in the event initial setup failed. No luck there.

Checked for any reports on this level of firmware and any Homeseer updates needed to support it. Is this a faulty HSM100 or did I miss an option somewhere?
    Last edited by SteveN1; August 4, 2013, 10:05 AM. Reason: Updated with latest information from four HSM100-S3

same HSM100 Luminance problem

I had the same thing happen. I bought 5 HSM100s. 3 of them will not update the motion value. Two of them has an extremely high luminance value like 9679%. I have deleted and re-added them to no avail. I upgraded to the latest release of HSPro to ensure there werent any problems there. I have included info below:

8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 40 **********
    8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave Contacting node 40 to get supported features
    8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement TV Room Basement Sensor (Node 40) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
    8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 40...
    8/5/2013 3:16:46 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 40 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.5
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave Device supports 1 groups for associations
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave Programming device Basement TV Room Basement Sensor (40) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Basement Sensor to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 40 ==========
    8/5/2013 3:16:47 PM Z-Wave Node 40 (Basement TV Room Basement Sensor) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Z-Wave Programming device Basement TV Room Basement Sensor (40) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Basement Sensor to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Z-Wave Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 40 **********
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Device Update Device: Alerts Climate Basement Sensor Temperature value set to 74.5 (7450/F)
    8/5/2013 3:16:48 PM Device Update Device: Alerts Climate Basement Sensor Luminance value set to 6896 (689600/%)

Comment

Rich is looking into this issue.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I also have 1 senor out of three that is having the ridiculously high luminance value. I called support and they are having me send it back for a replacement... should I wait to see if they figure out the problem before I return it?

Comment

Log entry for one mis-reporting HSM100 Firmware 3.52

Both of my HSM100's at firmware 3.52 are reporting luminance incorrectly. Below is Node 85, one of the sensors misreporting. I have 2 HSM100's at firmware 3.4 which are reporting correctly.
          Looks like DSCHUEN has the same 3.52 firmware level misreporting. Would be interested to know if your two misreporting are 3.52 and the other three are a different firmware level.

********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 **********
          Contacting node 85 to get supported features
          Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (Node 85) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
          Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 85...
          Z-Wave WakeUp 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 84
          Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
          Z-Wave device 85 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.5
          Device supports 1 groups for associations
          Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (85) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
          Setting wake-up interval for device HSM100_Root Device 85 to 0 hours and 12 minutes.
          ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 ==========
          Node 85 (Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
          Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (85) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
          Setting wake-up interval for device HSM100_Root Device 85 to 0 hours and 12 minutes.
          Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
          ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 **********
          Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Child 84 Temperature value set to 83.9 (8390/F)
          Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Child 85 Temperature value set to 78.8 (7880/F)
          Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Child 85 Luminance value set to 5251 (525100/%)

Comment

Out of 3 that I got, the 2 that are still connected and are working somewhat are both version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.6.

I do not know what the 3rd one was that was giving me the ridiculously high luminance reading... I've already taken it of the system and have it boxed up.

If I do not see a solution to the high luminance in this thread in the next few days, I guess I'll just return the unit as already arranged.

If I do not start getting better results out of the remaining 2 units... they are going back as well.

Comment

A new version of HomeSeer 2 is going to be released to fix this issue so hold on till Rich can get this version out.

Comment

Thanks for the reply/info, Rupp... I'll get with support to see if they will let me hang on to these 3 devices until the new version of HS2 comes out without loosing my ability to return them if it does not resolve the issues.

Comment

2.5.0.81 is posted on the downloads page.

Comment

Seems luminance is resolved for my installation with 2.5.0.81

Good work guys!

Luminance is reporting OK now. Latest logging of my device 85:

8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 **********
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Contacting node 85 to get supported features
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (Node 85) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 85...
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Z-Wave device 85 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.5
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Device supports 1 groups for associations
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (85) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - Setting wake-up interval for device HSM100_Root Device 85 to 0 hours and 12 minutes.
                    8/6/2013 6:30:01 PM - Z-Wave - ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 ==========
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Z-Wave - Node 85 (Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Z-Wave - Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Root Device 85 (85) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Z-Wave - Setting wake-up interval for device HSM100_Root Device 85 to 0 hours and 12 minutes.
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Z-Wave - Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 85 **********
                    8/6/2013 6:30:02 PM - Device Update - Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface HSM100_Child 85 Luminance value set to 32 (3200/%)

Comment

YES! The HomeSeer update 2.5.0.81 resolved my luminance issue that 1 of 3 of my HSM100-S3's was having... but I'm still have other issues. I've opened a ticket on these issues, but on my last ticket, I got the answer here, not from the ticket... so here is what I wrote in the ticket...

===========================
                      Hello,

The last HomeSeer upgrade 2.5.0.81, resolved and closed my previous HSM100-S3 ticket on that device's luminance issue, we will call that device "device 1 of 3". I have 3 HSM100-S3 devices and I'm still having issues with all of them. I was wondering if an up-coming HomeSeer upgrade might be already in the works to correct those issues? These are the issues...

ISSUE - BATTERY: the first few days installed, battery reporting seemed to be working, but now, they all just reporting 100% all the time. I have the devices configured to use up the batteries by reporting frequently and have already gone through a couple sets of batteries changes to verify reporting.

ISSUE - MOTION: One of the devices, let's call it "device 2 of 3" has not changed it's motion setting for the last 9 days, continuously shows MOTION, even though the device is updating all of it's other status. All three devices are right next to each other and the other 2 devices seem to be reporting motion OK.
                      ===========================

Anyone have any experience with or solutions for these issues?

Comment

Still having problems on HS3

I actually just lived with the high luminance on the HS100-s3 sensors I mentioned earlier in the post. While it says a version of 2.5 fixed it for another user, it didn't fix it for me. I recently upgraded to HS3 and still have the same high luminance problem.

Comment

HSM100s are hosed

Originally posted by dschuen View Post
                          I actually just lived with the high luminance on the HS100-s3 sensors I mentioned earlier in the post. While it says a version of 2.5 fixed it for another user, it didn't fix it for me. I recently upgraded to HS3 and still have the same high luminance problem.
                          I'm having more significant issues than that with the HSM100 units. I'm on HS3, and somewhere around build 180, these sensors have lost it. Or more accurately, HS3 has lost it. All I had to do to break my HSM100 units was delete and re-add them. Now, motion doesn't work; luminance doesn't work; every time I re-scan, I get new devices showing up - and none of them register information properly.

Have 3 HSM100s, and all are hosed.

hjk
                          ---

Comment

Still not working on my front... I've been trying various things, and nothing able to consistently working... not sure what the issue is, it worked fine in HS2, total disaster in HS3.

Greg

Comment

Battery drain down on one of them, and later when I put new batteries in it, it just led flashed over and over. Only way to resolve this was to do z-interface remove, even though the screen didn't show anything. Then I had to do an add then the devices showed up. It took a few times to get it done. This is on a z-net. I'm regretting the future though reading this.

Sent from my iPhone
                              Tom
                              baby steps...starting again with HS3
                              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                              X