HS2 reporting the wrong device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 reporting the wrong device?

I just ordered 2 HSM100 motion and when I get them imported to HS2 I get "Z-Wave Root Device" on the status page? Should I be getting something like "Z-wave Sensor Multilevel General Purpose" device? I used the Aeon Labs Z-stick series 2 to import the device.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by computernerd; September 12, 2013, 10:24 PM.

I don't have that particular device (yet), but it seems right to me. My motion detectors look like that.
    Z-wave devices with multiple child devices (used for reporting different parameters, like yours for battery, motion and luminance) have a root device listed first.

The root device is used for configuration parameters, associations, and optimization. Think of it as a representation of the physical device, with the child devices as each of the parameters the motion detector can display.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I upgraded HS2 to v2.5.0.81 release and this fixed the issue with HSM100.

Comment

... what issue was that?
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Here the updated Screen shot after the v2.5.0.81 patch as been applied. You will noticed the No Motion icon and temperature shows up. Also when I create an Event the "No motion, Motion" keyword appears on the Z-wave Sensor Binary Device too which was not there before the patch.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by computernerd View Post
            Here the updated Screen shot after the v2.5.0.81 patch as been applied. You will noticed the No Motion icon and temperature shows up. Also when I create an Event the "No motion, Motion" keyword appears on the Z-wave Sensor Binary Device too which was not there before the patch.
            Aha, you're right. That's much better!

In your first post you seemed confused that you get a root device on the status page. It might just be me, though, english is not my primary language...

Comment

Hmmm... any tips when temp does not show up correctly? Will try to run the HS2.5.0.81 update again, maybe something is fixed by reapplying the update after adding the device?

Regards,

Nika.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X