Temp node ID missing after adding to network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - new to z-wave. Did my best at following the HSM100 instructions using the Z-troller to add these devices. Both units added 3 of the 4 nodes and work correctly (motion, light & battery) but both failed to add the temp node. The units are reporting back to HSPro but without a node ID the following error is recorded.

9/25/2013 9:36:55 AM - Error - (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=2/-1

May I please get your input on how to get the system to add the 4th node for temp.

THANK YOU!

I too have this problem. I bought two units about two weeks ago, got this error as well as sometimes not having my Ztroller add all the children entirely. I lodged a support request with HS, got told a small number of units were bad in a recent batch so they issued an RMA number. I drove up to Bedford as was given two new units. In passing another employee said the problem was that I wasn't on 2.81 (I was) and that I hadn't added the units using the Add Node button on the Manage ZWave Controller page but had used the Ztroller Add (physical) button--this was true. I went home and tried to add the units with the Add Node button (holding the HSM about one foot in front of the Ztroller): the first unit did enumerate its children beind added and it "looked" good; the second unit never listed child nodes being added (they were) and logged a problem with the Multisensor child not answering properly. Neither unit however updates the temperature, I get this same error you report above for each unit, and the first unit (which looked good upon being added) also shows the motion icon not only for the motion child but also on the line for the device root; the second unit shows the battery level icon for not only the battery child but also for the temperature child node. Both units also list a "Multilevel Sensor Unknown" child.
    If I delete the units and add them back, the problems re-occur.

There seem to be other postings recently related to the mis-reading, inability to read, mis-mapping of the child nodes to the information being provided by the units. It doesn't seem tho' that there has been a coherent solution yet..just some pot shots (e.g. try HS2.81) which some say have worked (but not for me).

The HS team is away at a Show..maybe we can get some clarity on Monday. I still have two Help Desk tickets open on this. Maybe if you (and others) also open tickets in the ticket system, we can get some focus.

Cheers,
    Scott

Comment

I'm also having this problem. I have managed to get one unit working only. Updated HS2 to 2.5.0.81
      Devices report version 3.40 (ZDK Version 4.54) App: 3.3

Any ideas?

Cheers
      Scott
      Attached Files

Comment

Whew - glad I'm not the only one with same troubles. These devices IMO ought be "plug-n-play".

Comment

I have the same problem with 2 of 3 units I purchased 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Wake the devices and try rescanning the device from the root node. Be sure to wake the device when doing this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Wake the devices and try rescanning the device from the root node. Be sure to wake the device when doing this.
              Cheers Rupp. Tried this a few times. Also tried deleting and installing several times.

Scott

Comment

Rescanned. Same results:

03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 **********
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Contacting node 24 to get supported features
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (Node 24) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 24...
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 24 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.6
                03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Device supports 1 groups for associations
                03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Programming device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (24) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Motion Sensor Root Device to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 ==========
                03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Node 24 (1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Warning Device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Child Multilevel Sensor Report was not received - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Programming device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (24) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Motion Sensor Root Device to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 **********
                03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Device Update Device: 1st Floor Dining Room Luminance value set to 2 (200/%)

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
                  Rescanned. Same results:

03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 **********
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Contacting node 24 to get supported features
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (Node 24) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 24...
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 24 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.6
                  03/10/2013 6:50:53 PM Z-Wave Device supports 1 groups for associations
                  03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Programming device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (24) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                  03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Motion Sensor Root Device to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                  03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 ==========
                  03/10/2013 6:50:54 PM Z-Wave Node 24 (1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Warning Device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Child Multilevel Sensor Report was not received - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Programming device 1st Floor Dining Room Motion Sensor Root Device (24) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Motion Sensor Root Device to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 24 **********
                  03/10/2013 6:51:01 PM Device Update Device: 1st Floor Dining Room Luminance value set to 2 (200/%)
                  How close is the device to your Z-Wave controller? Was the device awake when you scanned it?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

the hsm100 was about 6" from the z-controller. I pressed the blue button on the HSM and start the scan 10 sec later. HS2 reported operation succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
                      the hsm100 was about 6" from the z-controller. I pressed the blue button on the HSM and start the scan 10 sec later. HS2 reported operation succeeded.
                      Same for me - I get another 'unknown' device added to the same root which never changes to temp.

Comment

OK - I just did the delete and re-install using the Z-troller. I "woke up" the HSM100 and added it at about a 6 inch distance from the receiver. WHen importing as node 2 HSPro reports the following:

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface... Done.
                        Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
                        The Z-Wave network has 2 nodes.
                        Found node 2. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
                        Failed to get basic node information from new node 2, cannot continue to load this node.
                        Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

So - does this indicate an issue with the controller, the sensor, or ?

Thx

Comment

OK - deleted and re-added both HSM100 units - This time it imported as originally captured. I am getting the same node import without a temp option. Below is the import data stream for one of the devices. It is reporting temp to HSPro but without a node it will not display.

Now - the HSM100 is sending temp data, but the import process vis the z-troller does not create a "temp node" . This appears to be a repetitive issue based on all of us in this thread. If we cannot get this resolved I fear returning the z-troller and HSM units is the best recourse. A solution here would be really great..

Display or Edit User Note for Root Device 4 No Status Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 4 Q6 (4) Z-Wave Root Device Never Set

Display or Edit User Note for Child 4 Sensor Binary On-Open-Motion Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 4 Sensor Binary Q8 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Today 5:24:10 AM

Display or Edit User Note for Child 4 Luminance 0 % Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 4 Luminance Q9 Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel Luminance Today 6:27:43 AM

Display or Edit User Note for Child 4 Battery Battery Level 100% Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 4 Battery Q7 Z-Wave Battery Yesterday 6:03:40 PM

Comment

I had the same problem but it was because my hs2 was not updated to the latest version (2.81?). Check the version first. After doing that I added device through the zwave manage device page and clicked the add node(device) option rather than hitting the button on my zstick.

Tom
                            Tom
                            baby steps...starting again with HS3
                            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                              I had the same problem but it was because my hs2 was not updated to the latest version (2.81?).
                              I'm on HS2 2.5.0.81 and still got the problem

I managed to get a second HSM100 added by completely removing it, and adding back in using the z-Tool but it didn't work for the third one. I'll keep removing and re-adding to see if it eventually goes in!

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X