HSM100-S3 + HS3 Basic Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100-S3 + HS3 Basic Questions

I'm just getting back into HS after a long hiatus and I was very excited to receive 3 HSM100-S3s today. They paired beautifully with the Ztick2.

However, I'm quite at a loss to understand what I'm seeing on the status screen, so I thought I'd ask a few basic questions, hopefully someone can help and this will illuminate issues for others.

I see battery level, looks right, and appears to get polled by default every 12 hours. Seems reasonable.

I see luminance values that make no sense and appear to be updated... never? sometimes? Can't tell...

I see motion detection and that seems to work -- but after a little while (not sure how long exactly) all of the units seem to "turn off". The light goes out and they stop responding altogether until I press the blue button.

1. When I click on a virtual device that was created on import, is the Z-wave tab's "Polling Interval" the time before the HSM100 updates with its latest values? If it's set to 0 0 0, what kind of logic/timing is applied?

2. The documentation implies that I can configure the HSM100 to report to HS3 at an interval. Is that what I'm doing in #1 above? If not, where is that configured -- I don't see the option anywhere else.

3. Why are my units turning off? I assume it's some kind of battery saving mechanism, but I expected the motion detection to work instantly regardless.

I may have answered one of my questions. When the units are no longer recognizing additional motion (prior to reset), they don't flash the lights anymore.

Also, one of my units was not connecting despite being 5 feet away from an Iris electrical outlet. That one may be something more sinister I'll need to look into.

Now my luminance is reporting the same for two units in similar lighting, which is good. I'm a little surprised how low the light level is reading...

Comment

I'm just getting around to setting mine up and was looking for info.
      This Sticky Thread may help.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124586
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by dantelope View Post
        I'm just getting back into HS after a long hiatus and I was very excited to receive 3 HSM100-S3s today. They paired beautifully with the Ztick2.

However, I'm quite at a loss to understand what I'm seeing on the status screen, so I thought I'd ask a few basic questions, hopefully someone can help and this will illuminate issues for others.

I see battery level, looks right, and appears to get polled by default every 12 hours. Seems reasonable.

I see luminance values that make no sense and appear to be updated... never? sometimes? Can't tell...

I see motion detection and that seems to work -- but after a little while (not sure how long exactly) all of the units seem to "turn off". The light goes out and they stop responding altogether until I press the blue button.

1. When I click on a virtual device that was created on import, is the Z-wave tab's "Polling Interval" the time before the HSM100 updates with its latest values? If it's set to 0 0 0, what kind of logic/timing is applied?

2. The documentation implies that I can configure the HSM100 to report to HS3 at an interval. Is that what I'm doing in #1 above? If not, where is that configured -- I don't see the option anywhere else.

3. Why are my units turning off? I assume it's some kind of battery saving mechanism, but I expected the motion detection to work instantly regardless.
        Did you ever figure out how to change the Motion Timeout Interval? When I click on the Configure button, Motion Timeout Interval is not listed. I see 2 settings: Wakeup Interval and the other one is a pull down parameter list of values between from 0 - 255. If I randomly select one of those parameter, a number with appear in the field next to it. So where and how do I set the Motion Timeout Interval?

Thanks

Comment

OK, so I found a link to the parameter definitions:
          http://www.expresscontrols.com/pdf/E...wnerManual.pdf
          Parameter 2 sets the Motion Timeout Interval or as the manual calls it "On-Time". By default, it's set at 20 minutes.
          I get light level, temp & battery updates but no motion updates. I just noticed that both the root device and the motion status devices say "Never Set". The LED blinks when I make a motion in front of the sensor but the status in Homeseer never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
            Did you ever figure out how to change the Motion Timeout Interval? When I click on the Configure button, Motion Timeout Interval is not listed. I see 2 settings: Wakeup Interval and the other one is a pull down parameter list of values between from 0 - 255. If I randomly select one of those parameter, a number with appear in the field next to it. So where and how do I set the Motion Timeout Interval?

Thanks
            It sounds like yours did not scan completely. Your best bet is to wake it up by pressing the blue button and as fast as you can "rescan" from the Z-Wave tab. While it is supposed to stay awake for up to ten minutes, some of mine only gave me a couple to get them rescanned into the system. When they are properly imported and identified, you should have 6 settings available - the "OFF delay" is the first. THe wake up interval is the sixth setting.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy. Rescanning seemed to help. I still don't have the advertized options under the root device configuration and the root device still gives the status of "No Status" but the motion sensor function works and I can set the parameters manually. After reading the issues others have had, I am ahead of the curve. Now I guess I need to attach a wall-wart to it so I can get continuous updates. I want the motion sensor to supplement my security system. When it triggers and the alarm is set, I'll have cameras take a series of snapshots. (That part is easy. I've done that before.)

Comment

I wonder if I can change the parameters with a script. That way when the alarm is set-away, the update rate can be as fast as the device will allow and when the alarm is not set or set-stay, the update rate can be reduced substantially. Gotta think about this some more...

Comment

What version of HS are you using? There were some issues with the HSM100 and certain versions of HS.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.60
                    That's that latest versions of HS2, right? Updater hasn't informed me of any newer versions but it seems that perhaps Updater is not used anymore.

Thanks,
                    Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

You need 2.5.0.81 which supports the HSM100 properly. You can download it from this page: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/legacy.htm.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Hi Robert,

You need 2.5.0.81 which supports the HSM100 properly. You can download it from this page: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/legacy.htm.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Hi Al,

Thanks for the link. Last night I completed the update to 2.5.0.81. After the update, the configuration page for the sensor listed all the options I could change. Great. However, the temperature stopped updating. This morning, I decided to remove the sensor from the z-wave network and re-add it. After importing it, the motion detector isn't listed properly. The "motion/no motion" text has been replaced by "Unknown". On the right side under the control column, there are ON & OFF buttons. So it looks like Homeseer thinks the detector is a control. The temp & light portions work ok but the battery doesn't update either. I've re-scanned the device and optimized the node 4 times in a row and even removed/added it 2 additional times to the z-wave network. I have removed power to it several times as well. No joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
                        Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

Does the root device have an association to HomeSeer. From what I recall, I had to add it manually.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            Hi Robert,

Does the root device have an association to HomeSeer. From what I recall, I had to add it manually.

Cheers
                            Al
                            Hi Al,

Yes it does.

Thanks,
                            Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

Not sure what the problem is then. My motion sensor is working ok on that version of HS, although the temp does not work either. Maybe remove the association and re-add it. I've tested the HSM100 under HS3 and it works better with it.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X