Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Problems setting up HSM100 in HS3 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting up HSM100 in HS3 Pro

Hello,

I just upgraded my system to HS3 and am setting up all my devices again. All have gone well except for my HSM100. I wake it up and and press add on my Z-Troller, I press the blue button on the HSM100 and a node is assigned to the HSM100. Then I go into homeseer and import new devices. It finds the HSM100 and then I get the next row of errors in my log...

May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 CONTROLS class: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 CONTROLS class: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_MARK
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY_V2
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Node 14 is reporting 11 command classes in the node information.
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Contacting node 14 to get supported features
    May-26 9:18:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Troller: Device Z-Wave Node 14 Z-Wave Interface Sigma On/Off Sensor Node 14 (14) is missing Z-Wave Command Class information, Wake-Up Notification is attempting to retrieve it.
    May-26 9:17:19 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 14, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    I am not super advanced in my HS skills and am hoping I am just missing something basic.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hi Rob,

What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? You may want to try with the latest (beta) version which is .156 as there have been a number of fixes to it. Backing up your HS folder prior to updating is recommended.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks I gave it a try and updated. Removed the device, rebooted and then readded. I think I got further but still not working. I get this in my logs when I try to import devices from the z-troller.

Code:
      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Device synchronization does not need to create any new devices.
      Device synchronization needs to create 1 device.
      Node: 14 Supports Class(es): SENSOR_BINARY_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2,  ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, CONFIGURATION,  WAKE_UP, BATTERY, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION_V2
      Node: 14 Controls Class(es): MARK, BASIC, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2
      Error: Node 14 did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information - it will not be processed further.
      Warning: The device at node 14 should result in 3  child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0.   This may still result in a successful child creation.
      Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

Comment

Maybe try adding it from within HS, rather than from the z-troller using the "Add/Include a Node" command. If you add it from the z-troller, it needs to be awake when you import it. If it's not, it'll fail.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with my HSM100. Like Al said, you have to wake it and rescan/import the device. Mine is mounted and powered and it's a real circus to hit the button and run back to click the button.
          HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
          X