best alternate to HSM100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best alternate to HSM100?

I want to add a couple of motion sensors to the network. I see that the HSM is no longer available from homeseer.

What is the current recommended product from HS pros?

I do like that the HSM reports battery level but I don't see this feature in the products available in the HS store.

I'd like an answer this this too...
    Doug

Comment

see post #11
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1131569
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If all you're concerned with is motion I highly recommend a DSC alarm panel. The motion sensors are about $10 each and are extremely reliable.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have 8 of the HSM100s and really like them. I bought 4 of the Aeotec Multi Sensors and I like them better for a number of reasons:
          1. The temperature seems to be more accurate
          2. The luminance sensor is from 0-1000 lux which works a lot better for me for low light triggering, because that range is really in the lower range of daylight. An overcast day or office lighting is about 1000 lux.
          3. They have a humidity child
          4. I have grown to like the manual sensitivity adjustment on the sensors, which makes it much easier to slightly tweak the sensitivity without waking them up and using a computer.
          5. They can powered buy a USB power supply and become an active node of the mesh
          6. The firmware can be upgraded by USB.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I have 8 of the HSM100s and really like them. I bought 4 of the Aeotec Multi Sensors and I like them better for a number of reasons:
            1. The temperature seems to be more accurate
            2. The luminance sensor is from 0-1000 lux which works a lot better for me for low light triggering, because that range is really in the lower range of daylight. An overcast day or office lighting is about 1000 lux.
            3. They have a humidity child
            4. I have grown to like the manual sensitivity adjustment on the sensors, which makes it much easier to slightly tweak the sensitivity without waking them up and using a computer.
            5. They can powered buy a USB power supply and become an active node of the mesh
            6. The firmware can be upgraded by USB.
            Have you installed one outside? I was thinking about mounting one above the front door to turn the porch light on, command a camera to take a pic, monitor the outside temp at the front of the house, maybe other things as well. Where I would mount it would be protected from the weather, unless we have sideways rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
              Have you installed one outside? I was thinking about mounting one above the front door to turn the porch light on, command a camera to take a pic, monitor the outside temp at the front of the house, maybe other things as well. Where I would mount it would be protected from the weather, unless we have sideways rain.
              I have one under the eaves "looking" at the driveway and one under the eaves "looking" at the backyard. They have been through a lot of rain. They are outdoor rated. I put one in my freezer and another in my chest freezer when we were having refrigerator problems about three weeks ago. They were reliably reporting at -4 degrees F. I since replaced them with the Everspring temperature/humidity sensors because I liked their mounting, the larger AA batteries and built-in LCD display, otherwise I would have left the Aeon units in there. I originally was going to use three DS18B20 OneWire sensors, but really didn't want top drill holes in brand new appliances

The multi-sensors are just as accurate and report frequently enough to track the temperatures.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I was installing a multisensor over the weekend and I dropped it from about 8 feet up. It bounced down the driveway (literally bounced). I picked it up and there is a tiny crack in the plastic but its working fine.

It is mounted under an overhang so no rain etc will hit it.

So far I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
                  I was installing a multisensor over the weekend and I dropped it from about 8 feet up. It bounced down the driveway (literally bounced). I picked it up and there is a tiny crack in the plastic but its working fine.

It is mounted under an overhang so no rain etc will hit it.

So far I really like it.
                  You sold me. When Homeseer puts it on sale again, I'll buy a few.

Comment

I have one HSM100 that has been serving light duty for motion in our laundry room. I was today pulling wires to my new in wall touchscreen and at the same time pulling a sensor wire to just hard wire a traditional sensor there. I am only decommissioning it because I have around 140 ZWave devices so want to thin down the ZWave network a bit, I have an Elk with extra inputs available, and it will be one less device to deal with batteries for. It's in mint condition. Email me through the board if you want this one and not wait for another sale. If not, it will end up on eBay or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                      I have one HSM100 that has been serving light duty for motion in our laundry room. I was today pulling wires to my new in wall touchscreen and at the same time pulling a sensor wire to just hard wire a traditional sensor there. I am only decommissioning it because I have around 140 ZWave devices so want to thin down the ZWave network a bit, I have an Elk with extra inputs available, and it will be one less device to deal with batteries for. It's in mint condition. Email me through the board if you want this one and not wait for another sale. If not, it will end up on eBay or something.
                      Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait for the sale.

Comment

Not to muddy the waters too much but... we'll be announcing a new multi sensor in about 10 days. Keep an eye out!
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          Not to muddy the waters too much but... we'll be announcing a new multi sensor in about 10 days. Keep an eye out!
                          With an introductory price of 70% off, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                            Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait for the sale.

No worries. I will throw it to the box with other stuff. I usually do a round of eBay auctions about once a year to unload extra goodies.

Comment

I was speaking with one of the people at HST the other day and he mentioned that the new, to-be-announced multisensor would plug in a wall socket. That would be nice for certain locations, but I hope it has an option for battery power, or at least for running a thin low voltage supply cable...

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X