best alternate to HSM100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Multi Sensor

I've had the Aeotec Multi Sensor for a week now and have been blown away with the accuracy and coverage from this thing. I was surprised to see in the instructions that it could be ceiling mounted. So that's what I did...I mounted it on the ceiling in the middle of my kitchen and it hasn't missed a beat. Hopefully this week I'll get into the attic and run a USB cable over to it and power it that way.

I like so much, I have 2 more units coming tomorrow!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DMcKnight View Post
      I was speaking with one of the people at HST the other day and he mentioned that the new, to-be-announced multisensor would plug in a wall socket. That would be nice for certain locations, but I hope it has an option for battery power, or at least for running a thin low voltage supply cable...

Doug
      I probably wouldn't buy one if it had to be plugged in a wall socket.

Comment

That's not very pet-proof either. Hmmmm...

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I could see a dog chewing on it or a cat rubbing his face one it. I don't have a lot of free sockets either. If there is not a night light or a Glade air freshener or a lamp plugged in, it's either blocked by a couch or not located in a good location for a sensor.
          Also, I have replaced a dozen or so outlets with z-wave outlets and I plan to replace more which leaves only the top socket for an always on device.

Comment

it's true.. we're coming out with an externally powered unit (HSM200). The module is designed to be powered by 120v. Some nice benefits:
            • No batteries to replace
            • Timeout and data reporting intervals can be very short
            • The unit functions as a repeater (battery-powered devices cannot)
            • A programmable multi-colored LED is installed under the lens. You can program events to change the LED color based on any trigger/condition
            • Unit can be programmed to function as a night light
            Attached Files
            Last edited by macromark; September 3, 2014, 05:18 PM.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              it's true.. we're coming out with an externally powered unit (HSM200). The module is designed to be powered by 120v. Some nice benefits:
              • No batteries to replace
              • Timeout and data reporting intervals can be very short
              • The unit functions as a repeater (battery-powered devices cannot)
              • A programmable multi-colored LED is installed under the lens. You can program events to change the LED color based on any trigger/condition
              • Unit can be programmed to function as a night light
              Really interesting. I can agree with some of the downsides listed above, but can also see some interesting utility in the design. There are definitely places I could use these.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

They do sound interesting. I'm pondering where I could use them. I need an electrical outlet located in the right location. I like sensors located high up on a wall to look over obstacles.

Comment

HSM 100 - Not availiable.

Hi all,
                  I am in the UK and have been using EZ Motion sensors, these are just badge engineered HSM 100's or the other way around! I run them off a 5v supply and they have proved excellent as motion sensors. The price also seems to have dropped quite alot recently which helps. The temperature settings seem to run a little on the high side through.
                  Hope this helps.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Really interesting. I can agree with some of the downsides listed above, but can also see some interesting utility in the design. There are definitely places I could use these.
                    Right, they're not going to be as convenient to mount as battery operated units... so they won't work for every application. I think they'd be really good in hallways (especially dark hallways), kitchens & bathrooms & garages & basements (where outlets are generally higher).
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Right, they're not going to be as convenient to mount as battery operated units... so they won't work for every application. I think they'd be really good in hallways (especially dark hallways), kitchens & bathrooms & garages & basements (where outlets are generally higher).
                      It also might be worthwhile to mount a duplex outlet up high in the family/living room and let the LED notify my wife when the washing machine or dryer is done. Some of us might even find that there is an X-volt power supply inside that could be remotely mounted with a couple of low voltage wires to the unit.

But that would be so wrong
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                      X