Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Upgrading from HS2PRO to HS3PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from HS2PRO to HS3PRO

Hi, I am currently trying to migrate from HS2 to HS3. I followed the upgrade instruction to download the devices info from the Z-controller. However, I did not see any child devices such as battery level and temp. Do I need to re-scan each HSM device for HS3 to find the child devices?

Thanks,

Henry

From another thread:

Originally posted by yorker View Post
    As I really needed to upgrade to HS3, I decided to take a sledgehammer to my system (logically, not physically). Within HS2, and using my Z-Troller, I removed each device off the network and then initialized the controller. I switched to my previously upgraded instance of HS3 with a clean device file. I then added a few devices at a time and performed the import within HS3 (Plug-ins, Zwave, Controller Management, Z-Troller1, Action=import node and scan devices). But a few devices still didn't add correctly when I used the ADD button on Z-Troller.

Solution: delete device and add the device from within the HS3 program: Zwave, Controller Management, Z-Troller1, action=Add/Include a node. This does a PROPER device discovery and creates all the required child node devices and reports the correct status.

From now on I will add all devices using this method and not with the Z-Troller. In hindsight, I don't think I needed to wipe my system clean beforehand. Removing then adding from HS3 instead of Z-Troller would likely have done the same thing. Hope this helps others in a similar situation.
    so remove and re add your device from homeseer to remedy.

Comment

Working...
    X