Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSM100 issues in HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    same problem here, after a rescan I just get extra luminance sensors (luminance 2, luminance 3, luminance 4 etc), the first one seems to have the correct value of boot time, but none of them update (my HSM100 is always on, on USB power supply diy). I have the same problem with 2 Fibaro "cat eye" multisensors (no diy usb power, battery powered, both version 1 and 2). The only one not giving me problems like this was the Aeon labs old 4-in-1 multisensor, but mine is broken (had it outside, no problems for about a year, now I think moist is a problem since all sensor levels are way above what they should be).

    If anyone knows of a correct working "always on" luminance sensor for HS3 please let me know!

    Comment


    • #17
      HSM now longer works after an attempt at an upgrade from HS2 to HS3

      I have just started an upgrade from HS2 Pro to HS3 Pro. I am running them alternately on the same computer, which has all my devices attached to it. I have just begun to migrate over my Z-wave devices. All was working well until I got to my HSM100. When I imported my Zwave configuration from my Z-Troller, it imported fine, but didn't load, which is what I expected as it was sleeping then. Anyway, I woke it up, and tried a rescan into HS3. That didn't work, so I physically removed it from the Z-Troller by holding down the Delete button while at the same time pushing the button on the side of the HSM100. It successfully deleted from the Z-Troller. I tried to reload it, but never did manage to get anything child devices, so I decided to shelve it for the time being.

      I shutdown HS3, and re-started HS2. I decided to remove the HSM100 from the network, and try re-adding it. It removed fine, and then I added it the same way as I did before, by locating the two devices together, holding the Add button of the Z-Troller and then depressing the button on the side of the HSM100. It added fine. I removed my devices from HS2, and then performed an import. It imported the HSM100 just fine. Then the fun began.

      When I did a rescan, the log indicated the following:

      Warning: Device did not respond to max group request, assuming 3 groups
      Warning: Did not get version of the Sensor multilevel command class, device will likely not operate properly.
      Error: Exception creating Sensor Multilevel child device of Zwave Interface Zwave child 85 (which is its node id), GET for supported sensor types failed (NOTHING).

      The last warning and the error occurred 3 times.

      Obviously something has happened to the device with the migration, as it was operating perfectly prior to the migration. I use the Temp value to maintain my basement temperature, so I am hoping to have this rectified ASAP.

      Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated. The serial number of the HSM100 is: 1201, and I have no idea what firmware version it is running.

      My Z-Troller is old, but is running the latest version of firmware on it. As I mentioned, the HSM100 was operating perfectly prior to the attempt to import it into my HS3 Zwave network.

      Comment


      • #18
        Is anyone from Homeseer monitoring these forums ?

        I have the same issue with my HSM-100. Dual motion sensors.

        Is there any fix for this?
        How do we get help from Homeseer?

        Also, while Im here....

        I would like to find a power outlet motion sensor like the HSM-200, but I see too many people reporting issues with it, anyone have any experience or can recommend one like the HSM-200?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SimonNWalker View Post
          I have the same issue with my HSM-100. Dual motion sensors.

          Is there any fix for this?
          How do we get help from Homeseer?

          Also, while Im here....

          I would like to find a power outlet motion sensor like the HSM-200, but I see too many people reporting issues with it, anyone have any experience or can recommend one like the HSM-200?
          What version of HS3 and the zwave plugin? I have one and it is working perfectly. To get help from HS direct, email support@homeseer.com. No plugin alternatives that I'm aware of. I have one of them too and yes it has issues, but I've been able to work around them.

          Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            What version of HS3 and the zwave plugin? I have one and it is working perfectly. To get help from HS direct, email support@homeseer.com. No plugin alternatives that I'm aware of. I have one of them too and yes it has issues, but I've been able to work around them.

            Cheers
            Al
            I'm running HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.297 with Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.73.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SimonNWalker View Post
              I'm running HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.297 with Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.73.
              I would try upgrading the plugin to the latest beta version (.95) and then rescanning. You may end up with duplicate child devices. Just delete the ones that don't update.

              Cheers
              Al
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Did you try moving the device close to HS after adding it, wake it up and do a rescan on the device?
                Why is this necessary? What if I have a light switch that I can't move near my ethernet zwave transceivers? Is support for the HSM100 abandoned? I'm having issues with mine in HS3 and it seems to be a dead topic here.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rragan View Post

                  Why is this necessary? What if I have a light switch that I can't move near my ethernet zwave transceivers? Is support for the HSM100 abandoned? I'm having issues with mine in HS3 and it seems to be a dead topic here.
                  Non Z-Wave+ devices use very low power for inclusion and exclusion as when z-wave was conceived, the controllers were really just remotes so portable. Low power meant that you could not accidentally include or exclude a neighbor’s device. The older versions also don’t find routes automatically if it can’t talk directly to the controller.
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X