Changed HS IP, how do I tell HST-IW07 Windows CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed HS IP, how do I tell HST-IW07 Windows CE

I changed my HomeSeer IP address, and need to update my clients so they can find it. How do I do that for HST-IW07 Windows CE? I has been a long time since I had set it up and I forgot how to tell the CE Client what the HS's IP is.

You have to configure the MS Mobile/CE WAN client for either a Dynamic DNS WAN name or WAN Static IP. If you changed your local internal HS IP address then all you have to do is configure that address locally on your CE device if its on the LAN. If its on the WAN then you have to reconfigure your firewall to allow HSTouch out into the WAN world. Right click on the CE client and you will see the drop down configuration menu.

At home or on the local LAN do a Google search for "what is my IP?" What you will see is your WAN address. Typically even though its using DHCP it will stay the same with most ISP providers. Just as a saftey its easier to get a free account on DynDNS dot org or No IP dot come. They will send an email every few months to validate the account and you can get creative with the DNS name...like Homeseer dot at my house or similiar.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you Pete. The part I was missing was the mouse Right click or to click and hold on the right corner. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X