Hst-iw07 poe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hst-iw07 poe

I am trying to install a couple of HST-IW07 touchscreens that I purchased from HS a couple of months ago.

Which POE standard is the POE ethernet connector on the unit wired for? The label on the back says 802.3af but does not state whether it is "A" or "B" (http://pinouts.ru/Net/poe_pinout.shtml)

I have tried B which is the most widely used standard but it does not power the unit. My guess is that it must be wired for "A" but before I try it, it seems that HS should answer this question.

This information should be put in the one page manual that comes with the $800 touchscreen or on the label on the back of the unit.

I did a little research into the poe standard 802.3af and compliant devices should be able to work with either A or B. But for some reason this touch screen won't work with B. I've got the 12VDC at the correct pins and it's not powering the screen. The screen works fine with the external adapter.

Comment

I just figured it out. I didn't read the spec close enough. In fact the answer is on the label on the back of the unit. The minimum poe voltage is 44 volts. 12V won't work. That makes a lot of sense now that I see that. I was wondering how 12V was going to work over 100 ft and deliver enough power. Running it at something like 44 volts solves that problem. I incorrectly assumed that since the external power adapter is 12V that that was what should be on the cat5. WRONG. Sorry to take anyones time with this nonsense. Problem Solved.

Comment

Working...
      X