HomeSeer app corrupted on HST-IW07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer app corrupted on HST-IW07

I have 3 HST-IW07 screens, two of which were upgraded successfully to the latest HSTouch client (1.0.0.65). But one of them timed out during the update and is now unable to start the HSTouch app. This means it does not log into HomeSeer and is not available from the HS Touch Designer.

How can I reinstall HSTouch on this screen?

Thanks

Try doing a repair on your install using the add/remove programs control panel app. If this fails to work, then uninstall and reinstall from the HomeSeer downloads page. http://homeseer.com/downloads/
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

The WindowsCE control panel only has a "Remove Program" item, but this contains no entries.

I am therefore trying to find the correct installer for HSTouch for WindowsCE. Can you point me to the URL? I looked through the downloads page, but didn't see it.

Thanks

Comment

I found my own solution, which turned out to be pretty simple.

1. Insert 1GB USB flash drive into one of the working 7-inch screens.
        2. Copy and Paste the entire HSTouch folder to the USB drive.
        3. Insert the USB flash drive into the non-working 7-inch screen.
        4. Copy and Paste the HSTouch folder to the Compact Flash storage area of the non-working 7-inch screen.
        5. Double-tap the HSTouchStart icon. Everything works now.

Comment

This simple solution solved my problem that I've been struggling with for two weeks. I updated the HSTouch server to the latest version 1.0.0.58 and then could not connect with my HST-IW07 touch screens or my Android phone. I solved the Android problem by unintalling the app and then reinstalling it even though I had the latest version to begin with.

Then to solve the problem with the touch screen, I simply copied over the CE client software from my PC to the touch screen copying over the files that were already there, and voila, problem solved.

THANK YOU for this post!!!

There should be some mention of this possibility in the HSTouch documentation/instructions.

Comment

Congrats, noopara.

I think this is what I've been looking for, as well.
            Mark

Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
            BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X