Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if there is going to be another update for HSTouch soon. The last official release is still .35 and the last beta I can see is .41 which seems to have issues with crashing. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
      Just wondering if there is going to be another update for HSTouch soon. The last official release is still .35 and the last beta I can see is .41 which seems to have issues with crashing. Is that correct or am I missing something?
      Still waiting for an update too
      but, i think this screen is so bad that i havent mounted it yet

Comment

V.41 for me was stable until I updated HSTouch server to V.62.

I have redone the OS though now and "off the main subject" ....found Chrome to work with Maestro and Opera Mobile to load moving gif files....and a CE 6.0 and Linux basic build for said device...that said HSTouch server V.62 is working well with all of the Wintel Touch (XP and CE) until it quits and reboots which is around 1.5 days...so currently testing HSPro V.73 with HSTouch, unlimited and Android enabled with no clients for the time being.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm still at HSTouch server V.60. Thoughts on whether or not to upgrade?

Comment

I am working on an update, maybe by the end of the week.

Originally posted by acromion View Post
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think that HSTouch server V.67 is a step towards a stable running HSTouch server; that is me and my comments relate to me and my initially rooted then replaced OS on my Android HST-IWAR7.

That aforementioned piece takes me out of the picture now unless I reinstate the orginal OS; apples and oranges now. I started and did root mine; saved it and changed it.

It would be of benefit to post a link such that the stock OS could be reinstalled. Its plug n play restoral process; putting the image on the SD card and booting from said image.
              Last edited by Pete; December 12, 2012, 04:05 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rooting HST-IWAR7

Pete,

Did you ever post anywhere how to root the IWAR7? I'm not looking to change the OS but I do have some apps I want to add to it that require root access. I'm fairly new to Android but I have rooted a device before successfully when provided with instructions (Galaxy Tab 2).

Comment

Glenn I did not see your post.

I did not root mine. I wiped out the OS and built a new one cooking it adding what I wanted on it. I did loop it for a bit where it went to a boot loop. That said I just dropped the OS that I built on it again and doing well here now.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@Pete,

Did you have any luck rooting the IWAR7 with Z4mod as you posted here?:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=46

It sounds like it didn't work for whatever reason so you just swapped the OS to your own brew, I just want to clarify before I experiment with mine

Comment

Initially I rooted it; then I just wiped it with a custom OS. Once the custom OS was built I kept it on an microSD. Booting the unit with the microSD restores the custom OS.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        I am working on an update, maybe by the end of the week.
                        It's been a bit more than a week. Has there been any progress on this?

Thanks

Comment

Here is build 44:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...45#post1071545

Originally posted by pgovotsos View Post
                          It's been a bit more than a week. Has there been any progress on this?

Thanks
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the pointer

Comment

Someone that got this unit to be stable, hs is dropping out every day...or after 2 days.
                              Is there possible to turn off the blue light on the buttons?

Comment

Re: New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

I installed the following

Wifi fixer keeps wifi from.dropping
                                Wake cpu keeps cpu from.sleeping but lets your display dim out or go off
                                Clock screen.saver sets a clock on screen fhat you can double tap to return to you prev screen. Also dims hardware buttons on some.

My units stay up and running finally.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
                                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                                X