Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the led light is turning on when i start up the device but i dont see the device in my router.
    I did open a helpdisk ticket, but they are realy slow too give me answer.

btw :
    OS 2.2
    Kernal 2.6.32
    Build V.1.5.8

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      There is a free network utility for Android called Fing. It is free and works awesome! You can use it to help you track down your devices, their IP and MAC and some other cool things.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.fing&hl=en
      i cant dowload it sence i dont get online.
      i can`t find the apk file neder...

Comment

You could run your own DHCP server, then you can KNOW for certain what the IP address is?
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
          You could run your own DHCP server, then you can KNOW for certain what the IP address is?
          Is not quite sure what you mean?

Comment

You can download any APK on to a micro SD card and use that for your source of installation programs.

I did a quick google search on "Android diagnostic programs" and saw Elixir was one of them.

I then did another google search "WonderMedia WM8650" network connectivity problems.

A whole bunch of links relating to many issues very similiar to what you are seeing came up.

Using the file browser you can look at the network configs sitting in the XX folders too.

Do your diagnostics in baby steps a little bit at a time.

There is a program on the device such that you can take screen pictures of the various this and that screens. That said you can save the pictures on to your microSD card and post same said pictures on the forum.

You can start first by posting a picture of your network configuration such that you have all of us looking. Don't be concerned about your IP addressing.

BTW (by the way) there is also a network connectivity icon on the top of your screens that shows your connectivity status when you are connected or disconnected to the network.

or

Just use a digital camera and take a picture of the network configuration screen and post it here.
            Last edited by Pete; October 17, 2012, 11:11 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I did get a answer from helpdesk and they told me to send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                You can download any APK on to a micro SD card and use that for your source of installation programs.

I did a quick google search on "Android diagnostic programs" and saw Elixir was one of them.

I then did another google search "WonderMedia WM8650" network connectivity problems.

A whole bunch of links relating to many issues very similiar to what you are seeing came up.

Using the file browser you can look at the network configs sitting in the XX folders too.

Do your diagnostics in baby steps a little bit at a time.

There is a program on the device such that you can take screen pictures of the various this and that screens. That said you can save the pictures on to your microSD card and post same said pictures on the forum.

You can start first by posting a picture of your network configuration such that you have all of us looking. Don't be concerned about your IP addressing.

BTW (by the way) there is also a network connectivity icon on the top of your screens that shows your connectivity status when you are connected or disconnected to the network.

or

Just use a digital camera and take a picture of the network configuration screen and post it here.
                on my network configuration site is yust DHCP activated.
                I have a icon on the top of mine screens that shows connectivity status and it disapear if i take out the networkcable from the router. The two arrows is grey all the time.

Comment

OK; that is good news. It saids that you OS is seeing a network connection. Now tell me the following info for the inside of your network.
                  You have to go to the router / firewall box via its GUI to get this information.

1 - IP address of the gateway (or router)
                  2 - Subnet address of the network as configured on the router
                  3 - DNS IPs (usually two of them).

Your externally faced piece of the router will have a different set of addresses. Those are not needed.

Now write down everything you see when you look at the network status of the Android device. As its configured for DHCP it should show still the:

1 - IP address of the Android device
                  2 - Subnet mask of the Android device
                  3 - Gateway IP of the android device.

The subnet mask and gateway should be the same as your router.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ok, gonna take some screenshots

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      OK; that is good news. It saids that you OS is seeing a network connection. Now tell me the following info for the inside of your network.
                      You have to go to the router / firewall box via its GUI to get this information.

1 - IP address of the gateway (or router)
                      2 - Subnet address of the network as configured on the router
                      3 - DNS IPs (usually two of them).

Your externally faced piece of the router will have a different set of addresses. Those are not needed.

Now write down everything you see when you look at the network status of the Android device. As its configured for DHCP it should show still the:

1 - IP address of the Android device
                      2 - Subnet mask of the Android device
                      3 - Gateway IP of the android device.

The subnet mask and gateway should be the same as your router.
                      Here is information from the router

But, i cant find any information about the android device?

Comment

Great info Espen!

The DHCP address and mac show one IP is connected. Good info. You will see your Android tablet here when it connects via DHCP if utilized for Android.

Now go to the Android tablet.

For an Android view of your network stuff go to: (make sure you are not in HSTouch).

1 - Bottom right there is a little checkerbox type icon - press it
                        2 - screen will show a bunch of icons. On the top left is an icon that looks like a house
                        3 - in the middle is your ethernet icon showing connectivity. This show two little arrows up and down and shows me that I am connected.
                        4 - on the bottom bar are icons for groups
                        5 - push the icon that saids Settings
                        6 - then push the icon that states Ethernet
                        7 - This is your IP configuration (A yellow checkmark will be either in the DHCP box or the Use Static IP box).
                        8 - you can change it here
                        9 - Don't do that yet
                        10 - Just read and post your IP Address, Gateway, Netmask and DNS 1

What does it say here?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The ip that shown in the picture is from a another computer.

here is a picture from my android device:

Comment

I also configured it with static IP, without any luck.

Comment

Great stuff Espen.

This is showing that your Android device is not getting an IP address from your DHCP server. Now we want to check to see if the network transport is working. So do the following.

1 - Uncheck DHCP and Check Use Static IP.
                              2 - Enter the following values
                              IP Address: 192.168.0.254
                              Gateway:192.168.0.1
                              Netmask:255.255.255.0
                              DNS:192.168.0.1
                              3 - Wait - let me know when you have done this

4 - then go to your laptop on the network and open up a command line prompt.

BTW (by the way) if you go to that little network icon on the top of the Android screen with the two little arrows and drag it down with your finger you may see disconnect or connect entries. Not sure. I have never seen them though because my POE is working OK right now.

BTW #2 - The little icon to the right of the time on the top of the screen is your screen grab picture icon. If you press it it will make the sound of a camera and save the picture of your screen in "My Photo" folder icon. That said if you push on this icon you will see the photos saved. You can utilize "File browser" with your finger to copy the photo from this "My Folder" icon to the Micro SD card.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

3 yes, waiting
                                If i try to ping the android device from my computer it yust say :
                                Destination host unreachable

Comment

Working...
                                X