How do you connect it a LAN so it can see shared folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you connect it a LAN so it can see shared folders

OK HSTouch connects and works so it has found the LAN.

How do I get it to see shared folders on the LAN?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

You can try to install an Android Samba Client. One googled example is AndSMB. I have not done this yet. I do have VNC and SSH installed and working fine right now.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ES File Explorer in the Android "Play Store" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop) is the best file manager I've found for Android. You can point to servers on your LAN and access all your files. Also, if your device is rooted, it will request super user permissions and you can access your entire device.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        ES File Explorer in the Android "Play Store" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop) is the best file manager I've found for Android. You can point to servers on your LAN and access all your files. Also, if your device is rooted, it will request super user permissions and you can access your entire device.
        Thanks, that prog works perfectly.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Anyone using the HST-IWAR7 have any luck downloading ES File Explorer? The HST-IWAR7
          doesn't show up when I try to download. My phone and tablet are there but not this device?

Please don't say it has to be rooted.....

Don

Comment

Here's SSHDroid. I can't upload Es file explorer cuz its too big. Here is the link to download it.

For Google Market set up try clearing and resetting the Google Market cache.

This is the download site:

http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html

Here is a utility to root.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Many, many thanks.
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Thanks, that prog works perfectly.
                No kidding... I was looking for a file manager.... This one is great!!!!

Thanks
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Using SSH and WinSCP you have the best of both worlds. I transferred my Wintel fonts over to my Android such that I didn't have to change much on my screens.

Using Android VNC lets you also see your screens remotely.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

How do you install these apps?

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Using SSH and WinSCP you have the best of both worlds. I transferred my Wintel fonts over to my Android such that I didn't have to change much on my screens.

Using Android VNC lets you also see your screens remotely.
                    Google play store is not installed on the HStouch devices. Is there another way to installed an app on this device?

Comment

Here I replaced the Android OS on my device with a customized (cooked) OS.

Don has my old Android in wall device today as I had quit using it.

I have switched over to only embedded Wintel HSTouch screens over the last couple of years.
                      Last edited by Pete; May 31, 2015, 11:44 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

And I can't thank you enough.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                        Don

Comment

Not an issue and glad you are using it Don!

Here are screen pics using VNC of the the modded OS.
                          Attached Files
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X